Mosi2142

Annoying Raise Up Animation

Hi guys I realized really annoying Problem in dayz that happened to me a lot .
When Zombies surrender Around you and you try to kill them With your gun The gun goes in raiseup Animation and you can't Shoot ! And eventually you will be dead in 40 seconds later .

Raising up animation is Fine but When Group of Zombies Are around You when they get close enough to you then you can't Do anything You have just watch your self Dying .

Yeah I think Someone now  comes and say hey Why wont you Press Ctrl+F for Melee attack with your Gun . Yeah ! i know But its useful when there is only one or two Zombies 

What do you think guys ? 

Yep it's annoying and i nearly suffered a few times until i quickly improvised, over come and adapted by quickly using machete or knives for all close quarter fighting with more than 3 zombies and only just survive.

It is understandable that if you are surrounded at a foot distance, as in real life, managing weapons such are rifles, shot guns and anything else with a long barrel would be hard to control. May be the smaller submachine guns do not react the same way, have not tried them yet for such situations.

Edited by Fyrd Judge

44 minutes ago, Mosi2142 said:

Hi guys I realized really annoying Problem in dayz that happened to me a lot .
When Zombies surrender Around you and you try to kill them With your gun The gun goes in raiseup Animation and you can't Shoot ! And eventually you will be dead in 40 seconds later .

Raising up animation is Fine but When Group of Zombies Are around You when they get close enough to you then you can't Do anything You have just watch your self Dying .

Yeah I think Someone now  comes and say hey Why wont you Press Ctrl+F for Melee attack with your Gun . Yeah ! i know But its useful when there is only one or two Zombies 

What do you think guys ? 

As harsh as it may sound, the problem is letting a group of infected come close to you. 😉

Ranged weaponry is used for ranged fighting. You can try to fight your way out with the firearm melee or switching to a better melee weapon. But even with strong melee weapons we wouldn't recommend to try pick a fight against a bigger group of infected. They're rushing you with full force after all.

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

As harsh as it may sound, the problem is letting a group of infected come close to you. 😉

Ranged weaponry is used for ranged fighting. You can try to fight your way out with the firearm melee or switching to a better melee weapon. But even with strong melee weapons we wouldn't recommend to try pick a fight against a bigger group of infected. They're rushing you with full force after all.

The Problem Is You cant Even Fight Them Back In Melee  Specially when you get Stuck In the Corner And Zombies are Around you .
basically you cant do anything and you will die . you can't even Push them Or Even Fight Them

That "raise up" animation is a side effect of the aiming at wall (proximity) point blank deterrent put in place, Id personally would rather see improvements made, for instance my barrel scrapes the wall then raises or lowers, and also being able to stick you guns barrel out the window without having this raise up effect impact critical sniping movements etc, so the animation needs further tweaking and possibly a block attack implemented whilst holding a weapon around zombies eg, when the raise up animation triggers it encompasses a block type animation with it and if lowers does not trigger a block animation and forces use of melee attack, being able to push or shove hard using stamina would be a nice additive also, thus giving a player a choice of fight or flight type responses.

I think you are misunderstanding something...

You are NOT supposed to survive being caught or surrounded by a mob of zombies.

If you get into a situation like that then you probably made a wrong decision somewhere on your path - like making too much noise (and thereby attracting attention) or not trying to a closed door between you and the zombies fast enough.

As Impuls pointed out; ranged weapons are for ranged combat, and even the best melee weapons are not supposed to be able to take care of a horde of zombies up close - this ain't Dead Rising 5 and the standard setting is ultra hardcore. 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

52 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

I think you are misunderstanding something...

You are NOT supposed to survive being caught or surrounded by a mob of zombies.

If you get into a situation like that then you probably made a wrong decision somewhere on your path - like making too much noise (and thereby attracting attention) or not trying to a closed door between you and the zombies fast enough.

As Impuls pointed out; ranged weapons are for ranged combat, and even the best melee weapons are not supposed to be able to take care of a horde of zombies up close - this ain't Dead Rising 5 and the standard setting is ultra hardcore. 🙂

Ok in real life do you just punch an melee with weapons?,.. if you have said capacity to do so?,.. I know Id be shoulder barging and shoving as im physically able to do so, its our anatomy to do this ability it comes naturally to us humans, confusion with this game is that its meant to be a survival simulator of sorts and shouldnt always carry along the lines of a typical game with coded restrictions in place for difficulty, This is what makes DayZ the game its developing towards, a player should have the ability to pop shots point blank and have some effect, 5 zeds for instance if they surround me I might be fucked but if I can disperse one or two by poppin a few shots off or shovin, barging with a close range attack and make a break for it id turn and pop more shots off increasing my chances of survival, fyi pistols are not ranged weapons, they are for close range combat, and our character is immune to this virus apparently so we can take a few slaps and bites.. well just slaps,... as the zed dont bite lol.. anyways we are not talking 10-15 zeds here, we are talking 5 at most 3 minimum, its no secret that zeds block players movements added with the side effect of wall blocking eg, raise up action is a crude set back to restrict shooting through walls and we have zero ability to defend in CQB which is where pistols are used as a last line of defense before melee attacks and H2H combat in that order, only a fool would attempt to win with even 3 zeds on them and a m4 in hand (ranged weapon) unless they want to try win the bayonet melee grand stab cup.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:16 PM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

That "raise up" animation is a side effect of the aiming at wall (proximity) point blank deterrent put in place, Id personally would rather see improvements made, for instance my barrel scrapes the wall then raises or lowers, and also being able to stick you guns barrel out the window without having this raise up effect impact critical sniping movements etc, so the animation needs further tweaking and possibly a block attack implemented whilst holding a weapon around zombies eg, when the raise up animation triggers it encompasses a block type animation with it and if lowers does not trigger a block animation and forces use of melee attack, being able to push or shove hard using stamina would be a nice additive also, thus giving a player a choice of fight or flight type responses.

This post is still a reasonable solution as it has valid points that reflect the reality of CQB.

If you get surrounded just hit F (I think the key binding is) and you'll do a melee with the rifle to push them back. Then you can pop them off with more rounds. 

As for getting yourself in that situation, shit happens. I've played hundreds of hours in this game and it still happens. The worst is when you enter a town and the zeds haven't spawned yet. Then they all suddenly spawn at once (it seems they all spawn at the centre and then walk outwards). The times I've been surrounded is where I've killed one with an axe and suddenly there's 10 more within 10m. 

The whole 'raise rifle' thing is a real PITA. You almost CANNOT shoot well from guard towers because your character will be constantly raising the rifle as you get near the edge. Thats just crap. In a game where you have to hide and potentially shoot from all sorts of weird places, having that animation is just lazy.