Sign in to follow this  
kumando

Zombies breaking trough doors

Any word from the devs in regards to this? I know at some point this was to be implemented, they even had animations for it but we never got more news about it. It would be scary to be locked in a house and lots of zombies busting into it.

Edited by kumando
  • Like 1

Something is being worked on regarding this. The animation on the locking/unlocking of doors has changed slightly. I don't mean the actual lock/unlock animation, but the door animation has changed. I've noticed when you unlock a door, it now moves slightly outwards and not staying in it's original position like it did in the past when you unlocked a door.

2 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Something is being worked on regarding this. The animation on the locking/unlocking of doors has changed slightly. I don't mean the actual lock/unlock animation, but the door animation has changed. I've noticed when you unlock a door, it now moves slightly outwards and not staying in it's original position like it did in the past when you unlocked a door.

Can we be sure that’s the new animation is related to zombies breaking down doors? The animation appeared when we were given the ability to break open doors with melee. I’m guessing it was implemented as a signal for players to stop. 

Then again, if players can now break locks with their hands, why not zeds? 

Just thinking about the amount of times I end up in a house surrounded by the infected. Couldn’t afford to be complacent if they add this feature!

This is the only thing missing to make the zeds an actual challenge. They also need an upwards attack so you can't just stand on top of a car/whatever object and you're safe.