Sign in to follow this  
Relic77

Mod updates driving me crazy

Yes, I am running two servers, One that is using purely server mods and "vanilla" and one that is using quite a few server mods.

My problem is the one with "quite" a few server mods. Since the last patch 1.04 I had to update my server mods like 2-3 times every day. It might not sound so much but one mod gets updated in middle of the day, another one release a update late night (CET) = My modded Server mostly are inaccessible. Since I work in the day and sleep in the night. (However I do check and updates the mod in the middle of the day and can update it when ppl ask for it) It has been like this now for a long time and it pretty much a pain i the ass. There has to be another way to implement the mod system to the community. Please let players join a server with an older mod if they have the mod in their cache and the server is running that mod. It can't be that hard to implement. Since we can't package the server mod into one singel mod withput getting copyright infrigment , you have to come up with a system that gives credits to the modders when loading (since it seems to damn important for some modders) I do understands the work behind the mods but seriously, not a damn players cares about who made the mod. They just want to play.

So I ask for some kind of collection system for each server that using some types of mod without repacking it, which make it less vulnerable for repeated updates. And let the server admin to updated it once a few days. Instead if having to stay and check each hour if the mod have been updated or having some pm in discord that they can't join the servers their players playing on in the middle of the night.

Best Regards Relic

2 hours ago, Relic77 said:

Yes, I am running two servers, One that is using purely server mods and "vanilla" and one that is using quite a few server mods.

My problem is the one with "quite" a few server mods. Since the last patch 1.04 I had to update my server mods like 2-3 times every day. It might not sound so much but one mod gets updated in middle of the day, another one release a update late night (CET) = My modded Server mostly are inaccessible. Since I work in the day and sleep in the night. (However I do check and updates the mod in the middle of the day and can update it when ppl ask for it) It has been like this now for a long time and it pretty much a pain i the ass. There has to be another way to implement the mod system to the community. Please let players join a server with an older mod if they have the mod in their cache and the server is running that mod. It can't be that hard to implement. Since we can't package the server mod into one singel mod withput getting copyright infrigment , you have to come up with a system that gives credits to the modders when loading (since it seems to damn important for some modders) I do understands the work behind the mods but seriously, not a damn players cares about who made the mod. They just want to play.

So I ask for some kind of collection system for each server that using some types of mod without repacking it, which make it less vulnerable for repeated updates. And let the server admin to updated it once a few days. Instead if having to stay and check each hour if the mod have been updated or having some pm in discord that they can't join the servers their players playing on in the middle of the night.

Best Regards Relic

That sound like it will add anything out of the box TM still , I have all that already with my scripts. Still it won't parse and edit and update the XML/CFG whatever files and changes to my OWN addition in game . Thanks for posting.

Still my scripts detects a semi crash , meaning that the server is still running but no one can connect, and will close it. I also have a csript that rolsl back a few min after each crash/restart to make sure the persistence is there. The only thing I want is that the when a mod get an update , giving me some time to change the configuration and THEN update before.

I couyld easily make a script that easily detects a new mod , copy it and restart the server. But still that can mess up the database.

Edited by Relic77