smudgegard

Should I be finding weapons or are they actually that rare?

I have been rolling with a mate for about a week now, probably spent 20+ in-game looting around and what not. We have been up to a few mili bases, a bunch inland towns etc etc. So far all we have found is a couple of pistols, some odd matching mags, a few basic attachments. My question is, are the AR weapons and scopes and what not actually that rare and that it's normal just to find nothing? We are feeling a little deflated, feeling like we are just playing an apple eating simulator. I know the best place to get good loot is off players we might kill, but how can we be in any way competitive if we can't even find a weapon that we can use, single chamber pistols not included. Any tips on getting guns would be moocho appreciated. 

4 hours ago, smudgegard said:

I have been rolling with a mate for about a week now, probably spent 20+ in-game looting around and what not. We have been up to a few mili bases, a bunch inland towns etc etc. So far all we have found is a couple of pistols, some odd matching mags, a few basic attachments. My question is, are the AR weapons and scopes and what not actually that rare and that it's normal just to find nothing? We are feeling a little deflated, feeling like we are just playing an apple eating simulator. I know the best place to get good loot is off players we might kill, but how can we be in any way competitive if we can't even find a weapon that we can use, single chamber pistols not included. Any tips on getting guns would be moocho appreciated. 

welcome to dupeZ where everyday it's a dupocalypse 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smudgegard said:

Any tips on getting guns would be moocho appreciated. 

There are quite a few threads which talk at length about this. But in short, duplication had ruined the loot economy causing certain items such as assault rifles not to spawn. You will probably only find them in buried stashes now or in duplicated tent cities. I found my AK in a buried chest and its the first one I've found in months. We're hoping the next big patch this month will see a fix and a server wipe and get things back to normal. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 3

I struck gold today. If you are about 1/4 mile inland along the coast and on top of dense forested mountain tops have been where i find masses of tents. I got lucky today and found a set of tents with a butt load of AKs M4s SVDs and even a LAR. Too much for one person. While nervously sweating my balls off i managed to fill 3 sea chest up with loot and got the hell out of there. And thats how you'll find weapons. For best results travel south to north along the coast hitting all mountain peaks. Take a shovel, your gonna need it to bury sea chest. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:33 PM, smudgegard said:

They are that rare. People like to blame it solely on duping but that's not exactly the only issue. Tons of kids rush after a server wipe and snag up all the guns and bury them. The loot economy in the game for guns is absolutely trash to begin with and it's a flawed system. They set guns at an already low limit for the server. Then you have a bunch of people snagging them up to bury them all. Ofcourse then you have the occasional duper but duping has become much more difficult and time consuming. 

Your only bet is to rush to the coast or airbase whenever you here automatic fire and then try to kill someone with an m4 or ak. 

Edited by Porcelain_Punisher

13 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

They are that rare. People like to blame it solely on duping but that's not exactly the only issue. Tons of kids rush after a server wipe and snag up all the guns and bury them. The loot economy in the game for guns is absolutely trash to begin with and it's a flawed system. They set guns at an already low limit for the server. Then you have a bunch of people snagging them up to bury them all. Ofcourse then you have the occasional duper but duping has become much more difficult and time consuming. 

Your only bet is to rush to the coast or airbase whenever you here automatic fire and then try to kill someone with an m4 or ak. 

Yeah, im pretty sure the current lack of ARs are mainly attributed to the CLE limiting the numbers and the guns having being snatched early and dug down somewhere on the map.

Its a flawed system, they should allow for "joker-slots" of weapons - if all the M4s (10 pr server as far as I know) have been grabbed then in my mind there should still be 1 or 2 of them spawning around the map to at least give the players a (slim) chance of finding one.

And im sure duping is possible, but I doubt its as rampant as earlier (mainly because its much harder to do now), I've seen no proof of it reaching anything near those levels at all.

And all that being said - the ARs _are_ still spawning - a mate of mine found two AKM's on a (low populated) public server two or three days ago - one at the tents in the lower left corner of the map and one at the tents just west of Bogatyrga castle.