Sign in to follow this  
DRxGRIMCOREx

Trading outpost / black market set up

Hello Survivors, 

ive decided to dedicate some of my time to creating a item trading outpost/black market on a highly populated server. I’m not to sure which server to begin building it on as there is so many to choose from and I’m not aware of Roleplay server codes either. If anyone has any information regarding that I would appreciate some details in the comments. 

This will be an experiment and maybe will develop into something consistent with the right amount of support in the future. the outpost will act as two things, first a safe zone in which players can trade items between each other, recover and meet up to regroup after a mission. The following details a outpost theory for the current version of DayZ. Just to add something extra to the game allowing players to buy the gear they need rather than duplicating it, even then some gear is too rare for players to do that. All ideas are welcome, change is a beautiful thing, Thanks for reading

The area will be a weapon free zone, meaning all items must be stored in your inventory. No free kills at the outpost. Ideally each outpost would have a marked area surrounding the outpost for around 200m which acts as an extended safe zone for all players entering and leaving the outpost. There is no way to monitor this so I would always be cautious around the area. The location could be in many places across multiple servers it all really depends on how many people would like to help out. I think the radio towers would be a good place as the PC players are already setting up near the NWAF and other areas. 

The basic method of trading for console users could be with ammunition. Items can be purchased for a certain amount of ammunition  and items can be sold for a certain amount of ammunition. Each item would have a different cost depending on the rarity of the item or ammunition. The rarer ammunition like 7.62x54mm for example would be used to purchase high grade items quicker than let’s say the 9mm ammunition. 

Weapons, weapon attachments, medical supplies, tactical equipment, tools, consumables, food and beverage, clothing, construction equipment, and fuel. 

TRADES.

All items are available for trade. Any item can be traded for another item of the same value. For example: a night vision scope valued at 

₽300 can be traded for ten AK magazines valued at ₽30 each. 

Theorised Currency 

1 x 9x19mm = ₽1

25 x 9x19mm(unboxed) = ₽25

25 x 9x19mm(boxed) = ₽27

1 x .308 = ₽1

25 x .308(unboxed) = ₽25

25 x .308(boxed) = ₽27

1 x .45ACP = ₽1

25 x .45ACP(unboxed) = ₽25

25 x .45ACP(boxes) ₽27

1 x 5x56mm = ₽2

20 x 5x56mm(unboxed) = ₽40

20 x 5x56mm(boxed) = ₽42

1 x 7x62x39mm = ₽2

20 7x62x39mm(unboxed) = ₽40

20 x 7x62x39mm (boxed) = ₽42

1 x 7x62x54mm = ₽3

10 7x62x54mm(unboxed) = ₽30

10 x 7x62x54mm (boxed) = ₽32

1 x .308 WIN = ₽5

20 x .308 WIN(unboxed) ₽100

20 x .308 WIN(boxed) ₽120

Let me know yours thoughts in the comments, any clan leaders etc interested in setting something like this up in your server you’re welcome to send me a message. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

It won't work. DayZ has no community anymore. You'll get rolled up on and F*%£$d. I've always wanted an area where survivors could get together and trade but the game is no longer like that.

Its a nice idea, but unfortunately it would not be feasible.

We need mods to make designated safe-zones where weapons cant be drawn, used or where people just cant take damage from others players at all - and I dont think mods is ever coming to the Xbox-version of the game.

For every one person who would show up to actually trade or use the place as a safe-zone there would be 5 people waiting to kill, it would just be a shitshow of a mess-up and for that people usually go to the factory at Solnichy these days (as there is no reason to go inland to the mil-bases as the weapons are missing).

In order for it to work, there would need to be either private servers with vanilla CLE, or you dupe everything.  BTW, I thought the "mission" was to survive?

Your first customers will shoot you in the face and take everything. Im sorry but that's how the world survives now.

I’d be willing to help. It’s such a cool idea it’s worth trying. Yes people would be trying to kill anyone in the “safe” zone. But..perhaps if the safe zone had a few armed guards it would dissuade any trouble makers?

and I would put this trading hub in an area that is not easy to access or be sniped from. Some sort of closed off area that you have to walk into. That combined with a couple guards would work I would think. 

18 hours ago, Papa cHris 343 said:

I’d be willing to help. It’s such a cool idea it’s worth trying. Yes people would be trying to kill anyone in the “safe” zone. But..perhaps if the safe zone had a few armed guards it would dissuade any trouble makers?

and I would put this trading hub in an area that is not easy to access or be sniped from. Some sort of closed off area that you have to walk into. That combined with a couple guards would work I would think. 

You are very optimistic however, a few armed guards wouldn't be able to hold the area.

Scenario 1) As soon as something pops off everyone in the area would end up dying.

Scenario 2) You tell me what server it's on and I bring my group and you lose everything.

Scenario 3) The server dies because of how laggy it is with 6 people in one area let alone an entire server.