justice5150

Is this normal? Patch 1.04 issue.

When I logged out in Cherno after I couldn't eat or drink, I logged back in and ended all the way up in the North East of the map. Is that supposed to be normal with the new update? I know you change position when you log in now to avoid server hopping. But it doesn't help ppl with bases or anyone in general if it spawns you across the map. 

3 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

When I logged out in Cherno after I couldn't eat or drink, I logged back in and ended all the way up in the North East of the map. Is that supposed to be normal with the new update? I know you change position when you log in now to avoid server hopping. But it doesn't help ppl with bases or anyone in general if it spawns you across the map. 

Clearly, Bohemia thinks your character needs to lose some weight there, young man!  😋

This is their solution for people trying to server hop into a base.  It is a ridiculous solution which will hopefully be revisited and changed soon.

4 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Clearly, Bohemia thinks your character needs to lose some weight there, young man!  😋

This is their solution for people trying to server hop into a base.  It is a ridiculous solution which will hopefully be revisited and changed soon.

Thank you! I appreciate the response. I hope as well it gets revised, we can't do anything about the server crashing and then spawning across the map bcuz of it. It would make playing with friends very tedious I imagine.

10 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

When I logged out in Cherno after I couldn't eat or drink, I logged back in and ended all the way up in the North East of the map.

I'm not saying it's no a valid complaint, but I want to understand something - did you log back to the same server or not? I thought the teleport doesn't affect you if you stick to one server.

On the same note, how other games solve this problem? As much as I consider teleporting a bit weird, something clearly must be done, with hopping in general and ghosting in particular.

4 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm not saying it's no a valid complaint, but I want to understand something - did you log back to the same server or not? I thought the teleport doesn't affect you if you stick to one server.

On the same note, how other games solve this problem? As much as I consider teleporting a bit weird, something clearly must be done, with hopping in general and ghosting in particular.

Yes I logged onto the same server. I agree something needs to be done really bad, but I don't think teleporting across the map will help anyone. If I was supposed to stay in same area on the same server, its obviously a bug but I'm not sure because DayZ hasn't elaborated on the fix yet. 

Are those teleport points fixed in any way? Like, can you be accidentally teleported into someone's base? The very thought of such hijinks makes me giggle.

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, justice5150 said:

Yes I logged onto the same server. I agree something needs to be done really bad, but I don't think teleporting across the map will help anyone. If I was supposed to stay in same area on the same server, its obviously a bug but I'm not sure because DayZ hasn't elaborated on the fix yet. 

Well, this is multiple bugs then.  If you logged back into the same server, you should be standing exactly where you were standing when you logged out, because it's the same server!

If you hopped to a hive server, you should only be moved randomly within say 1/4 of a mile from where you were standing before to move you away from a nearby base.  Of course, this could lead to a random chance of you positioning yourself just far enough away from a base to get spawned into it, so I get why they are spawning you back on the coast, but that is way too harsh of a solution to this problem.

Edited by drgullen
cost instead of coast

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

Well, this is multiple bugs then.  If you logged back into the same server, you should be standing exactly where you were standing when you logged out, because it's the same server!

If you hopped to a hive server, you should only be moved randomly within say 1/4 of a mile from where you were standing before to move you away from a nearby base.  Of course, this could lead to a random chance of you positioning yourself just far enough away from a base to get spawned into it, so I get why they are spawning you back on the coast, but that is way too harsh of a solution to this problem.

I just tried it again, this time when I rejoined my same server I stayed in the same spot. However, when I jumped to another server it spawned me in the North East after logging out at Tisy. This sucks!!! I understand if it was like 2 kilometers or something like that. But on the coast... It feels like a terrible fix. Now bandits are gonna wreak havoc on the coast if you just respawn there. No more running down from the north after getting looted.

Edited by justice5150

At 7:52:25 you can see me zoom in at the satellite dish in Tisy, if you rewind at all before that point you'll see me loot the tents in the darkness. Then right after at 7:58:15 you can see me log in by the North East boat "Rify". Dunno why its happening 😕  At least before this happened when I logged in on the same server I actually spawned in the right spot. All on official servers. 

Edited by justice5150