ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.04

Were bases /stashes wiped from official servers for this last stable patch update? 

The reason I ask, is for some odd reason, as soon as I updated today, I went to spawn in on my normal server, but it spawned me fully geared on the beach near Elektro? No server hopping, either.

Now, I am okay with this as I can make my way back to my base area, but before I make the journey, can anyone tell me if it is even worth it as did they remove or wipe my base and stash from the official vanilla sever I regularly play on? The reason I ask is one, I'd rather not make the journey then back to the base, but also I would then just move to a different official vanilla server that popped up where I have a much lower ping to. Please let me know if the bases and stashes were wiped, that all I need to know.

But yeah, this spawning of full and heavily geared players on the coast is a bit much. I was happy to hear they would have an anti server hopping solution to spawn you differently, but I did not think it would spawn you in as a naked on the beach...I always thought it would spawn you like 15 Km to 50 Km from where you were when you spawned out or something like that.

• Sad 1

I've had this game for a couple of weeks. Yes, it was twitchy and glitchy, but this 1.04 update... welcome to hell.

Menu screen on top of game screen which f'ks up the ability to select from your inventory. It's unplayable now... Please give us back the days where the player would glitch-teleport 20 feet backwards or fall through the ground into invisible water. The days where an AI would attack you from 100 feet away and cause damage.

At least you could PLAY that game, even with the glitches. This? This is not a 'stable' release. It smacks of a deadline looming and the dev team saying, "f'k it, just release it and we'll fix it later."

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Scott-Morgan said:

I've had this game for a couple of weeks. Yes, it was twitchy and glitchy, but this 1.04 update... welcome to hell.

Menu screen on top of game screen which f'ks up the ability to select from your inventory. It's unplayable now... Please give us back the days where the player would glitch-teleport 20 feet backwards or fall through the ground into invisible water. The days where an AI would attack you from 100 feet away and cause damage.

At least you could PLAY that game, even with the glitches. This? This is not a 'stable' release. It smacks of a deadline looming and the dev team saying, "f'k it, just release it and we'll fix it later."

Yeah, it's pretty mind-boggling, isn't it?  They seem to be rushing this because they know the console players are desperate for an update, which is supposed to be 1.04, but you can't possibly port this particular patch over to them, so why push this to stable before issuing another experimental patch and fixing these issues?  It makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

• Beans 1

This stable release is unplayable for me. I have been trying to play more or less the last two hours and more than half of the time I have been waiting in queue, server restarting, bugged hands that cannot pick/open anything... I calculate that I have been really playing for aproximately half an hour and have restarted the game maybe twenty five or thirty times, not exaggerating. I will try to list all things that happened in this short time:

- The menu overlays the game once I enter the server after a queue. If there is not a queue, it seems that it does not overlay but if it happens I have to restart the game to fix it.
- When I finally was playing, at some point I got the bug that I cannot pick anything. I had to log out and log in again and I find that I have to make queue again (15th or so in queue).
- In like thirty minutes of interrupted playthrough, the server has restarted three times, and again making queue so waiting and so once I got into the game the "menu overlay" bug. Restarting game and the queue still stays and again the bug, and again... until I finally changed to a server that was at night.
- I have seen that some items I threw were missing. I think they went through the ground.

I really like the content of the latest patches but I think that 1.03 and this one have been pushed too fast to stable. I gived up playing more for now until the "menu overlay" bug is fixed, since that makes it almost imposible to play for me.

Unless all that, I am happy with the server hopping measure and I hope that more people will play in a "normal" way, but I think that not only the coast needs to be the teleporting site, because I believe that it will become a combat arena for geared players and freshies will suffer even more.

All this in oficial first person/hardcore servers. Please, don't push patches to stable so fast next time. We have experimental and I see no problem in waiting a few more days.

• Beans 2

So it seems BI deprecated "equalModRequired=" parameter and merged with the "verifysignatures=", Use of "serverMod=" is kind of useless if you run a vanilla server and need admin tools thus forcing all players to also have the admin tools mod just to join server in the case of "Mod=". Admin tools that also run clientside will not work with "serverMod=" unless disabling "verifysignatures=" but that make the server vulnerable. ugh Why cant we have admin tools run only by admins and normal players can join without having them? This is silly and should be changed so an admin can run admin tools on their server and normal players dont need the admin tools mod to join, especially in the case of vanilla servers.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

Please fix this to be 200m, not all the way back to Coast from Tisy, after I joined the wrong server hours later, I should have hit Play and not change server, but it was down at the time of trying to join, so was searching and joined the wrong one, now I have to run all the way back... this needs to be fixed it's way too extreme. All we have to do is go gear up, change server (end up on Coast) and kill freshies all day...wtf were you Devs thinking with this move, please make it 200M. This will only cause more Freshy killers on the Coast.

Added: Mitigation of so-called server hopping on public hives (when a player changes server, a hopping spawn point is used instead of the last log off position)

Edited by DoubleDinCO
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, DoubleDinCO said:

Please fix this to be 200m, not all the way back to Coast from Tisy, after I joined the wrong server hours later, I should have hit Play and not change server, but it was down at the time of trying to join, so was searching and joined the wrong one, now I have to run all the way back... this needs to be fixed it's way too extreme. All we have to do is go gear up, change server (end up on Coast) and kill freshies all day...wtf were you Devs thinking with this move, please make it 200M. This will only cause more Freshy killers on the Coast.

Added: Mitigation of so-called server hopping on public hives (when a player changes server, a hopping spawn point is used instead of the last log off position)

I hear a lot of fresh spawns are having issues with getting ganked because of this. Circumstances are pretty brutal. I guess one can never have enough road flares and apples and other fresh spawn loot no matter how well geared 😁.

• Beans 3

I think server hopping spawns should be at the nearest large town so if you really far central west of the map eg... when you change server you should spawn at say Pustoshka, this issue shouldnt be hard to remedy, def not good sending geared players to the coast thats for sure.

• Beans 4

I'm having two weird bugs since the release today other than the Overlay that everyone gets. 1 bug is that there are weird textures that appear in the game in two different areas. The other is random game crashes when holding new weapons and grenades.  

Client contains PBO which is not part of server data and players kick if uses any mods

How to fix it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BORIZZ.K said:

Client contains PBO which is not part of server data and players kick if uses any mods

How to fix it ?

Problem is in -FilePathing parameter. BI did something wrong and now if you use this parameter, comand "verifysignatures=2" in DZServer.cfg reacts like there is no scripts.pbo file and returns mismatch of .pbo files between server and client. If you change "verifysignatures=" to "0", then clients can connect successfully.

Edited by Vitaliy Mel'nikov

3 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

I think server hopping spawns should be at the nearest large town so if you really far central west of the map eg... when you change server you should spawn at say Pustoshka, this issue shouldnt be hard to remedy, def not good sending geared players to the coast thats for sure.

There will be other issues with these types of inland spawning that will cause grief. For example, when unsuspecting players build a base right on it, not knowing. What they're going to think, when suddenly a tourist bus full of geared people spawns on them, is probably worth videotaping to have a laugh, but it's true: this current mechanic totally overshoots what's within reason.

I'd simply enforce a longer countdown, or relocate players if they login on a different server within X minutes. Let's say, 15. Or let's be generous, 1 hour. 

The anti hopping mechanics turns everyone into sleep walkers, when even after a full day, you cannot start the day off on a server of your choice. It also ruins the experience for groups of players with mixed experience who wish to stay together, but want to avoid nights and weather.

There have to be other - better ways to do this. Even if it means that base builders need a closed circle of fences+gate to define a sector where nobody can spawn-in, ever, except for the players with ownership tokens. Or simply no one, and they'd have to open their doors first, but hey, that's a compromise. So players would be moved to spawn right outside the sector, right outside of the wall.

If you want, define each military loot point as such a sector, hard-coded, so nobody can spawn in there, and close by.

And that's just one idea, really.

I have opened a ticket with my concerns.

Please comment there, if you can. For both sides of the argument. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141513

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

There will be other issues with these types of inland spawning that will cause grief. For example, when unsuspecting players build a base right on it, not knowing. What they're going to think, when suddenly a tourist bus full of geared people spawns on them, is probably worth videotaping to have a laugh, but it's true: this current mechanic totally overshoots what's within reason.

I'd simply enforce a longer countdown, or relocate players if they login on a different server within X minutes. Let's say, 15. Or let's be generous, 1 hour. 

The anti hopping mechanics turns everyone into sleep walkers, when even after a full day, you cannot start the day off on a server of your choice. It also ruins the experience for groups of players with mixed experience who wish to stay together, but want to avoid nights and weather.

There have to be other - better ways to do this. Even if it means that base builders need a closed circle of fences+gate to define a sector where nobody can spawn-in, ever, except for the players with ownership tokens. Or simply no one, and they'd have to open their doors first, but hey, that's a compromise. So players would be moved to spawn right outside the sector, right outside of the wall.

If you want, define each military loot point as such a sector, hard-coded, so nobody can spawn in there, and close by.

And that's just one idea, really.

I have opened a ticket with my concerns.

Please comment there, if you can. For both sides of the argument. 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141513

People base building in a town seems illogical as it being a town, would be funny to see a bus load of tourists arrive at once but im sure that if someone has already spawned there a cooldown timer activates and will spawn others in the next closest town/city, perhaps spawning on the street in a large town I find this to be a better solution than a coast spawn, that way there are numerous large towns around the map, cities even, hardcoding that in is a good idea, an even better idea is when someone builds a base it removes any ability to spawn inside it apart from maybe a dedicated bed or sleeping bag spawn type thing so someone who owns the base or friends can logout in it and be assured when they join that same server they will spawn in the login/logout bed/sleeping bag thats attached only to the player who deploys it, being a one per person thing maybe, That would make it more realistic as when one sleeps/logs off and arrives/wakes up the next time they enter that server, no sleep bed/logoff point then they get a default city/town spawn.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I really like that idea with the beds. Bedrolls or sleeping bags. Things like that. Having a way for base owners to spawn within their base safely, while still being sure nobody else can spawn inside it.

About town-spawns -- I'm really open to it, but especially with the cooldown time you mention (if it's in there), it will pull groups of players apart. Squads and groups that switch servers together and thrown to the wind that way, but maybe we think of a way around that, as well. Thanks so much for helping!

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

3 hours ago, BORIZZ.K said:

How to fix it ?

13 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I got back on after doing this. However, now there seems to be other issues. That Overlay problem makes the game totally unplayable. Nice music though. 😋

Just now, Leah Snow said:

I got back on after doing this. However, now there seems to be other issues. That Overlay problem makes the game totally unplayable. Nice music though. 😋

What overlay problem?

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

What overlay problem?

After server restart, the load screen is overlayed on top of the game screen. For myself and my mate. Can't interact with inventory, weapons .. nada.

1 minute ago, Leah Snow said:

After server restart, the load screen is overlayed on top of the game screen. For myself and my mate. Can't interact with inventory, weapons .. nada.

How long does this last? I haven't encountered this problem. I can only play on my vanilla server right now because some of the mods on my modded server haven't updated yet and there's nothing like you describe.

13 hours ago, RuffZ said:

Were bases /stashes wiped from official servers for this last stable patch update? 

The reason I ask, is for some odd reason, as soon as I updated today, I went to spawn in on my normal server, but it spawned me fully geared on the beach near Elektro? No server hopping, either.

Now, I am okay with this as I can make my way back to my base area, but before I make the journey, can anyone tell me if it is even worth it as did they remove or wipe my base and stash from the official vanilla sever I regularly play on? The reason I ask is one, I'd rather not make the journey then back to the base, but also I would then just move to a different official vanilla server that popped up where I have a much lower ping to. Please let me know if the bases and stashes were wiped, that all I need to know.

But yeah, this spawning of full and heavily geared players on the coast is a bit much. I was happy to hear they would have an anti server hopping solution to spawn you differently, but I did not think it would spawn you in as a naked on the beach...I always thought it would spawn you like 15 Km to 50 Km from where you were when you spawned out or something like that.

Made it back to my base and thankfully it was not wiped. Spawning on the coast I still think is a bad idea, and apologies to the 5 dead players that attempted to "try" and rob a fully geared/ prepped player on his way back to his base...maybe next time! 🙂

27 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

How long does this last? I haven't encountered this problem. I can only play on my vanilla server right now because some of the mods on my modded server haven't updated yet and there's nothing like you describe.

This is a vanilla server. We were fine before restart. After logging back in is when we had problems. We did noticed DayZ doing some sort of sync. We uninstalled then reinstalled our clients and that seemed to sort the problem. We logged back in and no more overlay issue. But now it's time for sleep, lol 😔.

Edited by Leah Snow

I hope the 1.04 Rls for Console is not so buggy^^ We dont want to wait again weeks/month for the next patch.

• Haha 1

Please stop rushing patches. There were obvious and game breaking issues with experimental. Develop an in-game tool to provide feedback if silly stuff like this keeps slipping through the cracks.

• Beans 2

Greetings to all the survivors ... I would like to share my thoughts on the occasion of 1.04 ... I really think that DayZ is the best pvp shooter for today, although it is a game of survival. The last update killed all the work done in 5 years and has the goal to take the most valuable thing in life this time. Also, the update creates a problem with the distribution of players on the map and the likelihood of a chance meeting. Now I can’t be in a favorite location for a long time and meet players for pvp. The players went to different servers to meet the players in this particular location or to avoid the game at night for many reasons. Where the night falls, the players leave them to get bored and have to strain their eyes more. Today we have a large number of players on the shore who are waiting for the appearance of players from other parts of the map. Please return 50% of servers with the old system where players can play as before, and leave 50% of servers with the new system. The bases are destroyed with the right tools, and the lock is selected within an hour, the new update does not solve the problem of protecting the base.
Sorry for my English .

• Like 2