iCarnage

Died after killing 2 people who spawned right back???

Has anyone els ran into a problem where you killed someone and they re-spawned in the same spot almost right after death and shot you while trying to loot the bodies?? Is is possible they are hacking?

2 hours ago, iCarnage said:

Has anyone els ran into a problem where you killed someone and they re-spawned in the same spot almost right after death and shot you while trying to loot the bodies?? Is is possible they are hacking?

My guess is you happened to kill admins on a private server and they couldn't live with it so had to use admin tools (cheat) to get some payback. If it was on official servers I have no idea, it should not be possible the way you describe it unless someone has managed to hack the main hive database. Could it be possible it was just buddies of the guy you killed?

Edit: Ah PS4 I see, almost certainly buddies of the deceased then. Either that or the guy wasn't dead but knocked unconscious, so while you were rummaging through his things he came to, picked up his gun and shot you.

Edited by Derleth

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

My guess is you happened to kill admins on a private server and they couldn't live with it so had to use admin tools (cheat) to get some payback. If it was on official servers I have no idea, it should not be possible the way you describe it unless someone has managed to hack the main hive database. Could it be possible it was just buddies of the guy you killed?

Edit: Ah PS4 I see, almost certainly buddies of the deceased then. Either that or the guy wasn't dead but knocked unconscious, so while you were rummaging through his things he came to, picked up his gun and shot you.

I believe the edit part.

2 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

I believe the edit part.

Can you explain the knocked unconscious to me in this game? Is that even possible being riddled with bullets I get if i had hit them with something but that wasn't the case.

10 minutes ago, iCarnage said:

Can you explain the knocked unconscious to me in this game? Is that even possible being riddled with bullets I get if i had hit them with something but that wasn't the case.

Always double tap them in the head when you get up to them before looting.. Make sure they are dead and not fallen unconscious before looting

1 hour ago, iCarnage said:

Check their breathing. If you can see/hear the breath coming from their mouth, they are still alive.. 1.04 has the ability for you to quickly check their pulse, so it should be much easier in the future.

Edited by ThePugman

there was a bug on xbox for a short time where if you died and hit exit instead of restart you would then be able to load in and see your own dead body and kill whoever was looting it, that's been fixed for a while so the guy was probably unconscious

7 hours ago, iCarnage said:

If you take a large amount of damage quickly, melee, fall damage, small arms fire you have a high chance of being knocked unconscious. 

This is the part where you can have some fun if you’re sure they’re alone. You can tie them up, or finish them off if you have other plans.

Its easy to tell as the body won’t be limp, and often times you’ll see their breath.

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

If you take a large amount of damage quickly, melee, fall damage, small arms fire you have a high chance of being knocked unconscious. 

This is the part where you can have some fun if you’re sure they’re alone. You can tie them up, or finish them off if you have other plans.

Its easy to tell as the body won’t be limp, and often times you’ll see their breath.

Ok makes sense thank you for the feed back much appreciated 

4 hours ago, iCarnage said:

Ok makes sense thank you for the feed back much appreciated 

Both melee and ranged weapons cause two kinds of damage - health and shock. Health is straightforward, when it's at 0 you're dead, while shock will knock you unconscious temporarily if reduced enough.

Depending on with what weapon and where you hit someone, and what (if any) protection the player is wearing, it is possible that the health damage is not so serious while the shock damage is enough to knock them out. For example, a ballistic helmet will save you from instant death on a direct headshot from a pistol, but you will be knocked unconscious instead.

Shock regenerates fairly quickly after you've been knocked out (screen becomes black without the "You are dead" part) so if that happens - don't respawn immediately, sometimes (obviously, heh) players forget or don't bother to double tap so you have a chance to wake up and escape or get payback. 

Edited by Derleth