Dancedwithlions

Bad experiences so far

First time ever playing Dayz.

I have tried a few times to get used the game and get to like it, unfortunately at the moment I regret buying it.

Lag, this has been a big issue, I have a PS4 Pro I read some where that lag for this console is worse than that of a standard PS4. I have found servers with little lag but in all its been bad, to an extent a Zombie can be a mile away and still hit me.

Talking of Zombies, spawn get surrounded by them, killed. Spawn again get chased by a group of them killed.

Night time, flair runs out spend however long wondering about bored sh*tles as can not see anything and unable to play the game. Logged on and had to run in a house, as again chased by multiple Zombies, took so long for them to move away, the flair ran out, again could not see anything. Only had a hammer so could not even make a torch.

Number 50 in the queue, try another server, your number 48 in the queue ect ect. Find a server with short wait time, lag too bad to play.

Maybe I have just been extremely unlucky, at the time of writing this I am not impressed with the game at all.

You start with a stone knife. Use it to get some sticks, bark n cut up your jacket for rags. Make a torch and handdrill. If you spawn in at night use the flare to light the way as you gather above mats and other supplies. Traveling at night sucks and is very dangerous. Its waay to dark imho. Even with light it can be hard to see if zombies are near and other players can see your light source. Be careful at night.

Also if your constantly being chased by zombies your being to loud. Keep an eye on your surroundings n do not run/walk near zombies. Crouch n sneak around. If its only 1 kill it. If there are more then 1 in proximity sneak around them.

Good luck out there

Edited by msgnyc

14 hours ago, Dancedwithlions said:

Talking of Zombies, spawn get surrounded by them, killed. Spawn again get chased by a group of them killed.

Night time, flair runs out spend however long wondering about bored sh*tles as can not see anything and unable to play the game. Logged on and had to run in a house, as again chased by multiple Zombies, took so long for them to move away, the flair ran out, again could not see anything. Only had a hammer so could not even make a torch.

That exactly is Dayz, Always expect the unexpected. Dayz never forgives a failure.

Actually this is not really a big Blockbuster story Beginners will run through it is more the short Story you face in Special in the beginning but ist actually so much fun to try to get on further.

Actually the game splits for my understanding into 3 phases:

1: you survived so far. Now get foot and drinks and loot (Basic at the coast. a back pack and so on).

2: You go to one of the many Military zones and get good weapons so your able afterwords to effectivly defend yourself.

3: Now your readdy for the crazy stuff and start to look for a car that you can get functioning, burying Barrels with loot and building a base.

Phase 1 is what you will always be able to experience.

Phase 2 is what you will be able to experieence only if you understood navigating using cover and so on or with a lot of luck :-)

Phase 3 is what you will be able to see only if you where lucky enough not to meet better skilled aggressive Players and that you have the right loot and possibly a possie.

This is actually what it is About benext to a huge oppertunity for yourself to find your own content in this huge Sandbox.

...and honestly, there is no similar game availabel on the market for any console so far.

For the Bugs like loosing loot when trying to Hand it over or so, I also hope for an update soon that fixes this, but the game itself is verry similar to the Stand alone PC Version and ist great (my opinion).

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 1

It's crazy how different out experiences are. I played for the first time yesterday and expected to die numerous times already but I'm at least 5 hours in and still on my first character. 

The two people I met were friendly and we had a little chit chat then parted ways. 

Once I got used to the user interface and having to use my "hands" for everything it started making more sense. 

I'm trying to do things on own and not look up info or maps because this early time with these kind of games is always my favorite. 

Took me almost two hours to kill and cook a lamb over a fire but I finally succeeded. 

Hang in there man sounds like you just need to get used to the game. 

50 minutes ago, Thomas Hoyt II said:

It's crazy how different out experiences are.

Yes it is perfect. Because every time you start new the game devlops different due to so many variables in special coming through the PVP ellement. and saying so, I would apprechiate if even the loot spots (by Kind) are not fix and instead are spread all over the map so you need to search instead of knowing)

So what you describe is exactly why I love this game. it´s different each time you start new…

Each time? well there might come a time you Speed with your lousy Shirt the Pipsi and the Plum directly West to get back to the good loot points,

53 minutes ago, Thomas Hoyt II said:

I'm trying to do things on own and not look up info or maps because this early time with these kind of games is always my favorite. 

You´re absolutly Right doing it the way you do it, because it will ensure you get the most out of the game by not short cuting developement of your own skill and experience due to too much background searches.

Keep it on.

Ah, the glorious trials and tribulations of DayZ, it’s one of a kind..

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Slightly better play, found an axe chopped wood-

Why I never thought to use the the small knife you get when you spawn DOH!-Built a fire but could not work out how to cook the goat meat I got, spent ages chasing the thing only to end up having to eat it raw.

Why I never thought to use the the small knife you get when you spawn DOH!

I can never seem to find a backpack, searched all around each spawn area to no avail. People keep saying go to Military bases to get weapons, how do you guy's no where to find them without a map? Or do you just keep running and running until you get lucky and find one?

The thing that might stop me playing this game completely is because of the complete dark at night. If the flair runs out and you have no other source of light the game-For me-is unplayable.It only lasts for an hour, but when you can only play for an hour or so it's disappointing.

Thanks again for the info.

1 hour ago, Dancedwithlions said:

Thanks for the replies.

Slightly better play, found an axe chopped wood-

Why I never thought to use the the small knife you get when you spawn DOH!-Built a fire but could not work out how to cook the goat meat I got, spent ages chasing the thing only to end up having to eat it raw.

Why I never thought to use the the small knife you get when you spawn DOH!

I can never seem to find a backpack, searched all around each spawn area to no avail. People keep saying go to Military bases to get weapons, how do you guy's no where to find them without a map? Or do you just keep running and running until you get lucky and find one?

The thing that might stop me playing this game completely is because of the complete dark at night. If the flair runs out and you have no other source of light the game-For me-is unplayable.It only lasts for an hour, but when you can only play for an hour or so it's disappointing.

Thanks again for the info.

Get an app like iZurvive or Central for DayZ.. Both have maps.. Also make a hand drill kit  (bark and a stick) for making fires.. Then a long stick with a rag to make a torch.. Light in the fire.. Add fat to last longer.. 

Also combine the meat with a long stick then cook on a fire

Edited by Hobgobblin
Adding cooking tip

On 6/12/2019 at 7:17 PM, Hobgobblin said:

Get an app like iZurvive or Central for DayZ.. Both have maps.. Also make a hand drill kit  (bark and a stick) for making fires.. Then a long stick with a rag to make a torch.. Light in the fire.. Add fat to last longer.. 

Also combine the meat with a long stick then cook on a fire

Thanks I will do that.

Game sucks, the more loot I get then lose the more depressed I get. Is there a Dayz helpline ha ha.

Dayz 101 

Dont get attached to your loot, you WILL loose it.

If your looking for something specific you wont find it untill you stopped looking then you'll find it everywhere. 

Ps.

Burlap sack + rope is small sack

Burlap sack+ rope +sticks is courier bag