Kokyy

Main things that need to change.

Inventory System

- Should be able to take all

- We need a easier and faster way to access inventory in and out

Frame rate and Render distance

- Looking through binoculars and long scopes gives such a bad render.

- Heading into big cities sometimes takes forever to render.

I must admit this is my main issue with ps4 Dayz. Often looking through my hunter scope on my rifle, the distant object render in so slowly, often grey textureless 3D models. Often, distant trees or landscapes become lime green surfaces and look ridiculous. The same things coming out of any scope or tele lens. My character will be a grey textureless 3D model for a few seconds. It's a little embarrassing when you're trying to get your mates to buy the game and they see things like this happening.

Yeah the scope rendering, mainly near towns is my only real big issue, sometimes takes anything up to 6 seconds for it to become clear. 

Game doesn't need take all option, it adds to the game, you could be looting somebody, unaware that the person you just shot had a friend, a take all option will remove so much tense moments from the game. 

Edited by GkR86

I agree 100% with the OP on all points.   The render issues are horrible and need fixed badly.  It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it certainly doesn't help when I target an enemy with a scope and then get head-shotted because of the stuttering render issues.    This isn't a lag issue, it's optimizing the game to run better on PS4.   I can tell a lot of the game was ripped straight from PC and ported with a few minor changes, but for as much as I paid for this game, I do expect these issues to be corrected within the next update or so.  Thanks.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, Kokyy said:

We need a easier and faster way to access inventory in and out

What's easier and faster than pressing the inventory button and pressing a button to exit? I don't see how this can be made easier. 

I have to admit I'm not that keen on the inventory system myself but you do get used to it rather quickly. Again, the rendering is something I hate, as some have already said, it takes too long for you to be able to see through a zoomed optic, I've found myself just looking at a grey circle while waiting for it to render. Lucky I've never been in a fire fight or had to take aim and fire quickly, as this would be impossible.

All in all, I can live with the inventory system but when I look down my optics, I want to be able to see immediately.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, RagedDrew said:

I have to admit I'm not that keen on the inventory system myself but you do get used to it rather quickly. Again, the rendering is something I hate, as some have already said, it takes too long for you to be able to see through a zoomed optic, I've found myself just looking at a grey circle while waiting for it to render. Lucky I've never been in a fire fight or had to take aim and fire quickly, as this would be impossible.

All in all, I can live with the inventory system but when I look down my optics, I want to be able to see immediately.

Yep.

This is definitely a big issue, I am in the same boat. Yesterday I stumbled upon a couple of guys at Pavlovo, they saw me and shot at me.

I ran my way up to the rooftop of one of the high buildings, and I saw them on the rooftop of the other high building. I pulled my Mosin and by the time I had managed to scope in correctly they had gone. 

Any other game and both of them would have been toast!

Of late i've not had many rendering issues.

However last night, I scoped in and had just the grey square in the middle of a fire fight with two people. Luckily I was quick enough to switch to 3rd person and kill them off.

There's 'quality of life' improvements in my view.

1. Lock items to a particular inventory space, so it stops them moving around and having to hunt for them.
  2. The combat/kitchen/hunting knife doesn't seem to stay in the assault boots when switching too and from, appears randomly within the inventory
  3. Hold two items at once? For more combing recipes...
  4. No leg style holsters?
  5.  When crouched or prone, you should be able to hold your breath for longer. 

I've likely forgotten some I had though of recently, but I feel these are the main ones..

On 7/8/2019 at 3:41 PM, thepodge said:

1. Lock items to a particular inventory space, so it stops them moving around and having to hunt for them.

This. 

This is the main problem with the inventory for me right now. I’m a control freak and like to keep my inventory tidy, which is pretty much impossible at the moment.

I’d also like to be able to sort the items within each piece of clothing/equipment, in other words move them around with more ease. 

Edited by bossefraise