Sign in to follow this  
Tom_48_97

Licensed Data Packages Now Available For DayZ Modders

A few years ago, we released the Licensed Data Packages to the Bohemia modding community; a set of data and samples (e.g. weapons and vehicles from Arma 2) from our past games, so they can learn from examples and base new creations upon this content — to expand the Armaverse and others. These packages include configuration files, material files, 3D models, textures, and animations, as well as complete game data in the form of PBOs. We want to offer the same possibility to the young DayZ Modding community, by making most of the Public Data Package available under two new licenses which allow usage in DayZ.

The following changes will happen:

• All Licensed Data Packages previously released under APL will also be made available under DPL. Users may opt for one or the other.
  • All Licensed Data Packages previously released under APL-SA will also be made available under ADPL-SA. Users may opt for one or the other.
  • A new set of Licensed Data Package containing DayZ Mod data (currently under DML-SA) will be made available under ADPL-SA. Users may opt for one or the other.

The above only impacts the Licensed Data Packages released by Bohemia Interactive, it is to be noted that the licenses of all already released content won't change — their licenses remain in effect.

Here, the summary of the new licenses:

DayZ Public License (DPL)

• Attribution — You must attribute the material in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the material).
  • Noncommercial — You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.
  • DayZ Only — You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in games other than DayZ.

Arma and DayZ Public License Share Alike (ADPL-SA)

• Attribution — You must attribute the material in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the material).
  • Noncommercial — You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.
  • Share Alike — If you adapt, or build upon this material, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license.
  • Arma and DayZ Only — You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in games other than Arma and DayZ.

Here, an example of licensing for a mod using Public Data licensed under APL-SA/ADPL-SA:

• The mod may be released under APL-SA
    • Is Arma only
    • Can't be adapted to be released on DayZ
  • The mod may be released under ADPL-SA
    • Is DayZ and Arma 3
    • Can be adapted for DayZ and/or Arma

We'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that it's in the interest of us all that the Steam Workshop, and any other user-generated content portal, remains an open and fair place. Please respect the work of others. If you'd like to include content that is not your own, seek permission from the original author, and add credits where they are due. It should go without saying that using assets from other games or other digital sources is especially risky unless there are explicit permissions to do so (i.e., in the EULA). If an original author has decided to take down content, do not re-upload it without permission.

Server owners who want to use several mods on their server are invited to create Workshop Collections which are essentially groups of existing Workshop mods, letting the player subscribe to all mods at once, with respect for the author rights, and ensuring the included mods are up to date.

Modding is a fantastic aspect of our games, and it makes the game more fun for everyone. There are many wonderful examples of inter-mod cooperation, community documentation, custom tools, and endless hours of extra gameplay (take the excellent Arma 3 Community Upgrade Project (CUP) as a perfect example of what can be achieved with these packages). We want to let our games be an open and creative platform for as many content creators as possible. Let's respect each other and keep moving forward together!

Edited by Tom_48_97
  • Like 4
  • Beans 2

This is the best thing that happened so far in 2019. Thank you for finally updating the licenses ❤️

• Beans 1

Oh the memories, so many happy times, thanks for the gift 🙂

Yeah also a very happy day for the Arma community 🙂

thx a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question though...will this make it possible to use Arma 3 maps for Dayz and vice versa ?? 

Edited by Private Evans

This is the second best thing that happened so far in 2019. Thank you for finally updating the licenses ❤️

4 hours ago, Private Evans said:

One question though...will this make it possible to use Arma 3 maps for Dayz and vice versa ?? 

I updated the text to clarify what is impacted. It applies only to the Licensed Data Packages, released by us (Bohemia Interactive). Generally speaking, the game data are in no way impacted by this, they are under their respective EULA (namely DayZ EULA and Arma 3 EULA) which don't allow this. It could only be possible for some content/mod released under ADPL-SA.

In other words; no, this doesn't allow anyone to use DayZ data in Arma 3, nor Arma 3 Data in DayZ.

How about character models?, eg removing calico shirt and shorts to actual skin/genitals chest hair/back hair etc..? will this be available to do?. A question that I know many would like to know the answer to. For DayZ only of course.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

On 6/16/2019 at 11:22 AM, soapboxsubmarine said:

CUP Terrains (Core and Maps) are licensed under APL-SA

Does this mean that we can use CUP when we build new maps?

Thnks!

No, the APL-SA doesn't allow usage in DayZ, only the ADPL-SA allows the use of the data in Arma and DayZ. This situation is the first example from the announcement.

sorry to be so angry, im usually not.. but anyway.

So this basicly means that if i want to make a summer map, I can only use old trees and vegetation from the public lisence pack, which are old arma 2 stuff.  I cannot use Dayz trees and bushes and retexture them, and I cannot use the better looking arma 3 trees and retexture those either, right?

So only option is to make new assets all from scratch.. Sigh! Seriosly, this kinda sucks! So this means that for any real good looking new maps with different feels to them will prob take several years to make, if youre not a whole team working on it.

Im sorry to say, but Dayz is slowly dying, no choppers, very little basebuilding assets, and chernarus which we (me atleast) is bored of playing. And releasing the game on ps4 only means to have fewer hands on deck for the

pc version which should have bean completed first..wtf..

This was the nail in the coffin for me at least. So dissapointed

Good luck to the rest of the community, I hope im wrong.

5 hours ago, Sauwercraud said:

Hi @Tom_48_97, is there a way to get a license to use Arma 3 Trees/Bushes/Plants for a new DayZ Map?
I made a tropical island and the standard trees from Chernarus just don't fit the theme. Or do I have to use Arma2 Vegetation?

Mahé Island Seychelles

Tom said a few posts above yours June 7 .. no you can't use arma 3 in dayz, you could always make your own vegetation or mod existing veg 

Hi, i got a question.

What exactly does this mean?!  -  This mod uses Licensed Data Package assets licensed under DayZ Public Licence (DPL)

Is it possible to use a mod if he s saying : " DO NOT REUPLOAD AND OR EDIT THIS MOD IN ANY WAY "

I tought mods are uploaded in steam / in dayz are for every player you got? Everyone can use it as he like?

I'm already looking forward to the answer.

Greetings