Knight_Wrath

What server region should i use?

I was wondering was what region each US is? Like i understand US - NY make sense but i don't know know any of the others.

There isn't ping on PS4. At least I don't see a ping number in the server section. 

Also does anyone know what the letter such as "BE" and "NL" mean in the server menu?

I'm from the UK and was wondering what server is best. It's really hard to PVP when players are teleporting around the screen.

1 hour ago, Kodie Collings said:

There isn't ping on PS4. At least I don't see a ping number in the server section. 

Also does anyone know what the letter such as "BE" and "NL" mean in the server menu?

I'm from the UK and was wondering what server is best. It's really hard to PVP when players are teleporting around the screen.

NL is Netherlands,  I think you must choose this. 

• Like 1

US is going to be the United States.

EU should be European Union. 

I would stick with the area you live to keep your ping lower. I haven't seen a ping on the PS4 for servers so I don't know how to tell your ping. If you go to a server that is really laggy it could be a result of the server being a long way away. 

Surely a BE server would be located in Belgium ?

Agreed. Don't know the abbreviated letters for European countries. But NE could be Netherlands and BE could be Belgium. Like RU could be for Russia. But the EU vs US should help keep you on the same contintent.

3 minutes ago, etaab said:

Surely a BE server would be located in Belgium ?

On 6/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, Kodie Collings said:

So there are no UK servers? - this might explain why players are teleporting around

There is UK servers.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, Kodie Collings said:

So there are no UK servers? - this might explain why players are teleporting around

The closest to UK are Netherlands. 

On 6/19/2019 at 7:14 PM, RagedDrew said:

There is UK servers.

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

There is actually UK servers.. 

2 minutes ago, Hobgobblin said:

There is actually UK servers.. 

Really? When were they added, I haven't been on for a couple of days. 

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Really? When were they added, I haven't been on for a couple of days. 

Not sure when they were added but they've been there for a couple of weeks.. There is only about 5 of them, they are right at the bottom of the eu region before it goes into the US servers. I never filter by region. 

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The closest servers to the UK are the UK servers.

They have been there since I started playing on PS4 about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Edited by RagedDrew

5 hours ago, RagedDrew said:

The closest servers to the UK are the UK servers.

They have been there since I started playing on PS4 about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Ah well, must be exclusive to PlayStation. All the EU servers for xbox are Netherlands. 

Yes, I can see that the topic is old! But I really want to reply, in case it gets updated and other people read it. For your information, the difference in ping between UK and NL will be at most ~5-30 (which is super obvious for those who play video games for more than a couple of months and is not a grandmother/grandfather far from computers and computer science), that is, it will have almost no effect on lags on the server (up to 100-150 ping). Here is the matter in another! I am a newbie, went to DE 1206 server (I'm from UA, I have a ping ~50-80, but here it's not about ping), BI servers are very often terrible lag. On this server it can lag at random times (although usually randomly more often late afternoon and evening), both at online 10-15 people and at online 35+. I do not know what the reason is. At 15-20 online I can not drive the car even at a speed > 10km.h, it's nonsense, it's absurd! The car visually falls under the ground, flies up into the sky. Players just teleport, what PVP can we even talk about. Yes, to be fair, so strong lags do not always happen, but too often and every day! Which greatly spoils the overall impression of the game and nullifies its atmosphere and other advantages.

It is so frustrating that there are no words to describe the depth of my disappointment, how unacceptable it is for such a large-scale and promising game, which is so many years old, and in which it is critical to avoid critical bugs because the game is very hardcore and for mining loot player spends a huge amount of real life time. And to lose it because of critical bugs time 5 minutes. This - unacceptable!

I am deeply disappointed that the team for the whole 10 years of such a beautiful and promising game and the idea itself still have not fixed such fundamental bugs. I don't understand what it is: laziness, negligence or just a desire to do only what brings profit for the company and not even move a finger in the direction of improving the game or I don't know what the reason is. Maybe I'm exaggerating and I'm wrongly slandering the developers? Okay, but what are we talking about when in one of the next evenings I restarted the server near the gate of someone else's base and the server was overloaded (red icon) and at such times it turns out the gate after the relog is loaded much later and you can have time to loot someone else's nearest crates in the gate, I took out a bunch of grenades without spending a single round of ammunition or explosives.... And this is the official server of a game that has been in development for 10 years - ~10 years Carl! I'm so ashamed of this bug that I just don't have words that such an important part could not be fixed for 10 years. Shame. 
So ping has almost nothing to do with it!

Yes, this criticism is not only for lags, perhaps a little overly aggressive, but accumulated at once for all together, decided to write it here. I think it's deserved. This is my first post. Because the idea of the game - beautiful, the atmosphere of the game - beautiful, pulls you in better than the hardest drugs. Realization and fix bugs and lags for 10 years - a complete suck. For cheaters who can loot through the walls here I will not say anything. Because partly this is not your problem, the problem of cheating - a widespread phenomenon. But with this in any case can and should be fought, you can limit the range of visibility of players / loot as it is done by other adequate developers! And fix the ability to loot through textures/walls. This is such an important part of the game that it's super stupid and unacceptable to have such bugs! So that a player mining progress for 7 days of real life can lose everything in 30 minutes...

Feedback from a player who has played ~250 hours. Your game is perfect for the 100-500 hour range.  So far you're enjoying and getting a kick out of the cool survival atmosphere. Further after meeting with cheaters, critical bugs and teleporting lagging cars and players - the best solution to delete the game to save nerves and time, as well as write a review to the developers that they have a lot of work to fix. So that they do not forget about it. (But you yourself for 10 years can not see that under your nose turns out to be such critical errors, right? A normal player for 200 hours of play was able to notice and you can not? I'll tell you the secret of how to find them - go to youtube.com or google and type "dayz bug/glitch" and you will discover a lot of "new"!?). Again, I apologize for the aggressiveness, but softer words can not express the depth of my indignation.

Translated with deepl com (free version)

Wouldn't be surprised if the moderators/developers clean up this criticism in 30 minutes.