Just bought this game..never played it on PC...so these may be dumb questions to some but...could they seriously not just add an equip button? How the hell do i equip clothes? or anything for that matter...

Thanks!

Pick it up in your hands, then press triangle to equip. If the option isn't theres, you already have something equipped in its place, so go to the item equipped, press square to drop and then go back to the item you want to equip.

like stated above. hold the item in your hand you with to equipt and press triangle. 

If your trying to equipt a different piece then the one your currently wearing, hold the new item in your hand, then go to the currently equipt one and press x i believe. It will bring the old item into your hands and equipt the new one.

Then comes the pain of moving everything from the old to the new if there was stuff in slots. Its all a monumental pain...

Edited by msgnyc

You shouldn't need to hold it in your hand first though. If it's in vicinity or inventory just press Y (on xbox, so I guess your equivalent is triangle). Word of advice, if the server is about to restart, don't start dropping things on the ground to swap then as you might lose them. 

Also, if the item you are trying to equip is "ruined" you cannot equip it. So check the condition of the piece if the other suggestions above don't work. 

Like fanboy just said dont deop anything or switch anything a few minutes out from server restart. Upon restart your character could be rolled back a few minutes and the gear you just picked up my not be in you're inventory. 

If your clothes are badly worn or damaged try find sewing kits and you can repair them to a worn state they will never go to good condition