Sign in to follow this  
WOLVERlNES

Black Screen

I died in water, each time I re-spawned, my screen was all black. Had to force quit to fix. Anyone else have this happen?

Edited by RussianReavers

Never heard about an issue like that but i would like to know how in the world did u die in water? Got shot? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neophyter said:

Never heard about an issue like that but i would like to know how in the world did u die in water? Got shot? 

Same...

• Haha 1

I fresh spawned after being killed in a firefight.

Dude that killed me spawned next to me, I think, because my friend avenged my death a moment after I was KOS.

So, dude comes at me with stone knife and we were in melee combat for awhile — both bleeding and injured but not dead. I decided to jump in ocean and swam around because this other player wouldn’t stop following me.

Didn't have much health left, and I died while swimming. When I re-spawned, could move and had audio but total black screen — tried exiting server and coming back but that didn’t remedy issue so I force quit game and restarted Day Z.

Edited by RussianReavers

I somehow wanted to try - I die in the water from hypothermia or not. I died in the water and my respawn was without any problem.

nothing to do with dieing in water. I and many others have had this issue, only restarting the game helps.

4 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

I fresh spawned after being killed in a firefight.

Dude that killed me spawned next to me, I think, because my friend avenged my death a moment after I was KOS.

So, dude comes at me with stone knife and we were in melee combat for awhile — both bleeding and injured but not dead. I decided to jump in ocean and swam around because this other player wouldn’t stop following me.

Didn't have much health left, and I died while swimming. When I re-spawned, could move and had audio but total black screen — tried exiting server and coming back but that didn’t remedy issue so I force quit game and restarted Day Z.

If u or any one else still have that issue : go to ur harddrive were u have dayz on. An delete the safe file of ur profile from every. (warning. Only if u are a freshy, or dont mind loosing what u have.) 

On 6/2/2019 at 4:50 AM, RussianReavers said:

I died in water, each time I re-spawned, my screen was all black. Had to force quit to fix. Anyone else have this happen?

There was a similar message in the discord today. They wrote that there is such a problem when the monitor has a non-standard resolution. Changing the resolution in the game clears the black screen, but only until the game restarts. It is advised to turn off hardware anti-aliasing. Try to check something out of this.

I’m playing on an Xbox One X mate, not on PC so I can’t disable hardware anti-aliasing.

It simply just needs to be fixed as part of the Xbox/PS4 optimization process.

Sign in to follow this