LegacyBandit

TimeZone In Dayz

So I’ve heard various things from dayz is on a 24 hour time cycle which isn’t true because I tested it, so I’m wondering how long does night truly last, it’s impossible to play during the dark so this will be helpful information.

It's not impossible, it's about finding the necessary tools to survive the night.

My very first session on dayz for ps4 I was surprised to spawn at night. I dont know how far through the night I was but i started using the shadows of trees against the sky and heading up hill to a safe hill top helped. By then, the sun was coming up in the east, which helped me tell which way was north and where I wanted to go. I did have a flare also, but I didnt want to use it straight away in case I got shot.

To be honest, as an ex PC gamer of many years, it just reminded me of a mission in operation flashpoint, a predecessor to Arma. In that mission it was night time, you had just escaped prison and were on the run using only the stars for navigation. Brought back old memories.

So I actually enjoyed the challenge of the night.

3 hours ago, LegacyBandit said:

So I’ve heard various things from dayz is on a 24 hour time cycle which isn’t true because I tested it, so I’m wondering how long does night truly last, it’s impossible to play during the dark so this will be helpful information.

Days last 2 hours, while nights are 1 hour long.

Enjoy your time in Chenarus.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, etaab said:

It's not impossible, it's about finding the necessary tools to survive the night.

My very first session on dayz for ps4 I was surprised to spawn at night. I dont know how far through the night I was but i started using the shadows of trees against the sky and heading up hill to a safe hill top helped. By then, the sun was coming up in the east, which helped me tell which way was north and where I wanted to go. I did have a flare also, but I didnt want to use it straight away in case I got shot.

To be honest, as an ex PC gamer of many years, it just reminded me of a mission in operation flashpoint, a predecessor to Arma. In that mission it was night time, you had just escaped prison and were on the run using only the stars for navigation. Brought back old memories.

So I actually enjoyed the challenge of the night.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, I am on the game and as a new spawn I cannot even see two feet in front of my face, rendering the game pretty much unplayable since I’d rather not stumble upon geared players or zombies without noticing, and fighting zombies in the dark? No thanks it’s glitchy enough as is.

I understand what you mean. But that's Dayz. As I type this I'm hiding out at the top of a castle in the pitch black listening to zombies below!!

Praying for daylight to come soon so I can leave.

On 5/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, LegacyBandit said:

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, I am on the game and as a new spawn I cannot even see two feet in front of my face, rendering the game pretty much unplayable since I’d rather not stumble upon geared players or zombies without noticing, and fighting zombies in the dark? No thanks it’s glitchy enough as is.

New spawn? Did you notice a flare  in your inventory? 

14 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

New spawn? Did you notice a flare  in your inventory? 

That does nothing but make you stand out

Flares work great, stand out yes but when theres hardly anyone around what's it matter ?

2 hours ago, LegacyBandit said:

That does nothing but make you stand out

Well, if that's your outlook on a survival game maybe try minecraft. It's a lot easier. 

Nighttime works both ways does it? Your enemies also dont see shit and need light sources, if u get shot just drop your flare or torch and run. Didnt figure out how to i throw a flare though, woukd be nice to throw a flare in the direction the shots came from and double tap the bastard

38 minutes ago, KWHardy86 said:

Nighttime works both ways does it? Your enemies also dont see shit and need light sources, if u get shot just drop your flare or torch and run. Didnt figure out how to i throw a flare though, woukd be nice to throw a flare in the direction the shots came from and double tap the bastard

I think you'll be able throw something when they get the physic's worked out and we have bow's/grenades back in the game