Sam Cooke

Game wont run after update

PC Version 1.03.151552

After updating the game to version 1.03.151552 The game will not start.
I get a black screen while loading, then windows tells me dayz is not responding and asks if i like to close or wait.
If i wait it just crashes. Please note it worked fine before the update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it does the same.
Installed new graphics driver. verify integrity of game files. deleted my cfg.

My pc specs are

Intel i5 6600k
16gb ddr4 ram
nvidia 1070ti 8gb
windows 10 64x

please help

I guess you are not launching the game with any mods or trying to join a server from the DZSA Launcher ?

i have 3 mods installed. Now trying to uninstall them. If i use the DZSA Launcher it does  the same

is there nothing he can do? he's working on a solution now for 3 days. nothing worked so far.

he also switched to experimental today and it's still the same issue. 😞

even done a new windows install and nothing. this game is still broken AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG

On 5/28/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sam Cooke said:

PC Version 1.03.151552

After updating the game to version 1.03.151552 The game will not start.
I get a black screen while loading, then windows tells me dayz is not responding and asks if i like to close or wait.
If i wait it just crashes. Please note it worked fine before the update.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it does the same.
Installed new graphics driver. verify integrity of game files. deleted my cfg.

My pc specs are

Intel i5 6600k
16gb ddr4 ram
nvidia 1070ti 8gb
windows 10 64x

please help

Do you receive crash dumps when this happens? Please contact our Feedback Tracker for this issue with the necessary details.

Here you can find instructions on how to report a client crash: Thanks 1

from the steam forums:

reply from another user: "I use this free app to find out crashes etc.

https://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed"

cookies reply: "I gave this app a try. It could not find any valid crash dumps on my computer. I checked to see if they are enabled.... they are.

My system does not crash... its just dayz"

he also reported to the feedback tracker.

he re-installed even windows.

please also check this link i provided earlier: https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/1644290549104169473/

edit: also under your reply how to report a client crash i only see smileys 😕

edit 2: found that link - it was kinda hidden, might be noscript issue

Edited by etwas

this was reported 5 days ago to the tracker. I cant even get a reply. I try win7 next to see if its a win10 problem

day 9 and no progress. and the latest advise he gets is "try windowed mode".

lol

we found a weird fix for this with some help from another user with the same problem.

using teamviewer, i logged into my steam account on his pc, installed DayZ, started the game, closed it and logged out. afterwards he logged in into his own account and is again able to play the game 😕

no idea how THAT fixed this issue.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/1653297026050612925/?ctp=5

Originally posted by JustDutchness ( Jenny Riley):

THE FIX: remove all your dayz related files from your pc. Let a friend login on your pc on steam and download it for u , one u know that has a working game. After its downloaded start it.
After starting shut it off and remove only the profile related documents from documents/dayz after youve logged out of your friends account. Log into your own and try to start the game , enjoy

If this is due to RAM maxing out I've just posted on another thread for this, seems some people are suddenly having an issue with DayZ ripping all of the RAM up until the system crashes with the game stuck in a 'not responding' state, never makes it to the game menu.  I've stepwise troubleshooted it from install, game files, hardware, software, clean install etc, no joy.  It's some kind of issue between dayz stable, steam and windows from what I can tell, it's loading the system RAM to max without initiating the game properly, if you don't alt tab out and end the process the OS hangs.  Experimental version is still working.  Issue is (for those that have it) present whether playing on modded or vanilla.

Edited by CitizenK