WOLVERlNES

New to these parts!

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I just started playing Day Z recently for the first time and I’m thoroughly addicted.

I’m an Army veteran and enjoyed America’s Army back in the day, which is where Day Z got its roots from.

Are there any resources for Xbox about what’s on the console version? I find info about PC, but it difficult to find out info for strictly console, such as items etc...

Cheers,

Aaron

• Haha 1

Sorry to say sir but DayZ got its roots from a game call ARMA. The DayZ was a mod an it grew from there. Add me tho if you're looking for a team. I got a team of 13 but only 5 or so active players. Most of us came from a Military Sim. But my GT is xJGBxDaRkMaN. Hit me up if your interested.

Oh yea thank you for your service too sir.

Thanks much for the welcome. It is known Day Z stand alone had roots from Arma franchise, but I was always under the impression Arma was created from America’s Army game. Perhaps i’ve Been incorrect in thinking this for years lol.

• Haha 1

Dean hall was inspired to make this game or elements of the game from his training in the military.. I think thats what i heard once in a video. But to answer your question about the loot, pc and xbox are both 1.02 so they have the same loot (unless in a modded server on pc) but pc usually gets updates a couple weeks before xbox so it depends, you can check the home page on the dayz website and it will tell you whats what.. Waiting on the 1.03 status report 2 see whats gonna be coming.

• Haha 1

Misread your question, but regardless dayz.com/home will tell you whats new in status reports but if you want an overview of everything i suppose the pc info would be fine as long as its item/ feature related.

Edited by Robzom11

1 hour ago, RussianReavers said:

Thanks much for the welcome. It is known Day Z stand alone had roots from Arma franchise, but I was always under the impression Arma was created from America’s Army game. Perhaps i’ve Been incorrect in thinking this for years lol.

you can see some of the history in the Bohemia Interactive wikipedia . . .

from wiki

"Founded by Marek Španěl in 1999, the studio released its first game in 2001, a military shooter titled Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, which received critical acclaim and brought recognition for the studio. Following Operation Flashpoint was a series of downturns, such as porting the game to Xbox, which led to financial losses and the development of a sequel later abandoned by the publisher Codemasters. The studio fell into financial troubles until the United States Marine Corps employed the studio to create simulation games to train soldiers. A new division called Bohemia Interactive Simulations was created, and later spun off and become a standalone business entity."

And there is a wiki for American Army, which is interesting . .

Edited by aux7
  • Haha 1