Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Crunch

Server hopping/Base building

So there's the possibility to hop from server to server and take your loot you have on you with you to another server if it is hosted by the same host. So far so good. But this also allows you to enter a base by just walking "inside" it on another server and hopping back on the server you found it on. Boom, you are inside the base and can dismantle any wall easily from the inside and walk away with the loot. That is a major hickup and makes base building almost obsolete and worthless. Other games manage to avoid that by making the player claim a piece of land by posting a plot sign for example as in Miscreated or an antenna as in ArmA 3, so people cannot spawn around a certain area. Is there anything being done about this problem?

Also regarding base building. Seems as if you have planks and sheet metal attached to the fence you're building the game gets confused about the commands. So sometimes if you click "build upper metal wall" for example it builds an upper wooden wall, sometimes it even builds a platform instead. Sometimes you choose to build a platform and it builds a wooden wall or metal wall. Please let me know if this bug has already been reported. If not, I will file an official report.

10 hours ago, Cpt.Crunch said:

But this also allows you to enter a base by just walking "inside" it on another server and hopping back on the server you found it on. Boom, you are inside the base and can dismantle any wall easily from the inside and walk away with the loot.

No need to dismantle anything... you can just server hop back out. Leaves less of a trail. 

But yeah I agree it's a major sticking point for the whole concept of base building- To avoid it currently the only solution is to play on a community server outside of the official hive. 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:50 PM, eno said:

No need to dismantle anything... you can just server hop back out. Leaves less of a trail. 

But yeah I agree it's a major sticking point for the whole concept of base building- To avoid it currently the only solution is to play on a community server outside of the official hive. 

Yes, you're totally right. Playing on a community server would be of course a solution but more of a work around really. This needs to be fixed.
But since there hasn't been any answer for days now I'm guessing this problem isn't even on the teams radar.

29 minutes ago, Cpt.Crunch said:

Yes, you're totally right. Playing on a community server would be of course a solution but more of a work around really. This needs to be fixed.
But since there hasn't been any answer for days now I'm guessing this problem isn't even on the teams radar.

Don't expect official answers during the weekend. 🙂

The issue is on our radar, and it involves way more than just ghosting into bases. The team is currently working on a solution.

• Like 1