Amazing Things

make a promotion / lower the price of the game ?

I know it's very annoying to complain about the price of a game, I also know all the work involved in creating a game, but not just me, but many other people would like to buy the game and end up not buying because the price is too high . Maybe if you did a promotion or the price fell a bit, sales increased and that was great in every way, it would move the game a lot more. Perhaps for other countries the value is in the standards, but here in Brazil the price is high (R$ 78,99) in comparison to all other games. I'd like to know if you have any promotion or anything else that makes it easy to buy the game.

I hope you understand this text as a constructive tip, I think DayZ is an incredible game, but I can not buy it.

(Sorry for my English, I'm using Google Translate)

Thanks!

Edited by Amazing Things

Your getting it much cheaper than myself for example. I'm from the UK and the game is currently £33.99. So, £33.99 x 5 would be Rs169.95... Or do it the other way.. Rs78.99 divided by 5 = £15.79.. I wish 😉

Edited by MetalHead2112

2 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Your getting it much cheaper than myself for example. I'm from the UK and the game is currently £33.99. So, £33.99 x 5 would be Rs169.95... Or do it the other way.. Rs78.99 divided by 5 = £15.79.. I wish 😉

There are many ins and out to the concept of 'purchasing power', but the most important thing is that it varies from place to place, so I'm guessing that what you see on your screen still doesn't help the OP cough up the necessary cash. 😉

I agree with the OP - in Poland, Dayz is in the same ballpark (GBP 32,5/EUR 37,6/USD 42) as highly popular and exquisitely polished games (Starcraft 2, Civilization 6) - why?

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Look at a small comparison I made:

Minimum wage in the UK = £ 1,453.28
DayZ price in the UK = £ 33.99

Minimum wage in Brazil = R$ 998,00
DayZ price in Brazil = R$ 78,99

But I still think the problem is with Brazil, but it is easier to try a promotion in the game than to change the shit of Brazil O.O

• Beans 1

21 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

highly popular and exquisitely polished games

economy of mass  - you don't pay more when more is produced, you pay less (capitalism 101)
it's also interesting that ex-BI programmers (citing this as as a common downside of the job) have pointed out they were poorly paid compared to programmers in most Western technology companies [ however - EU tech offers higher paid average graduate-wages than Brazil ]  .. but that's a = totally unrelated =  story from the consumer viewpoint, right ?.  Anyone know the price of Starcraft in China? .. or how Ylands is going to be packaged and distributed for China by Tencent (the world's largest gaming company) in their new deal with BI?

The Brazilian economy is characterized by a mixed economy that relies on import substitution to achieve economic growth : So the "higher price" [related to cost of living]  on DayZ in Brazil, will probably be import duty. How much tax on profit does Steam pay in Brazil?

https://www.glassdoor.fr/Avis/Bohemia-Interactive-Avis-E689010.htm?countryRedirect=true

https://www.bohemia.net/blog/bohemia-interactive-and-tencent-are-bringing-ylands-to-china

prices ? wages ? units ?

Any estimates on the price of Ylands in renminbi ?

Edited by pilgrim*

Minimum wage in the UK is age related. The older you are, the more you get. http://www.minimum-wage.co.uk/ The figure you quoted @Amazing Things is slightly less than that in GBP, as that is the highest rate. Pilgrim made some interesting points and in my opinion, the game is way overpriced for the cluster fuck it is. Are you looking to buy the game @Amazing Things or do you already own it ?

15 hours ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Minimum wage in the UK is age related. The older you are, the more you get. http://www.minimum-wage.co.uk/ The figure you quoted @Amazing Things is slightly less than that in GBP, as that is the highest rate. Pilgrim made some interesting points and in my opinion, the game is way overpriced for the cluster fuck it is. Are you looking to buy the game @Amazing Things or do you already own it ?

Sorry if i confused the value, I did a quick search on Google. Answering your question, I want to buy it, I played it in the period that was free, I found a very immersive game (I love zombie survival games) but in the short period I played, I managed to find several problems like network lag, bush does not penetrate shots etc. Anyway, as mentioned, if the game is not 100% yet, R$ 78,99 is a fair value (For Brazil)?

I know a lot of people here who do not buy the game because of the price, maybe if it was done more promotions or even the price was reduced, several people could buy and this would make the game have more players (And in my point of view , he is needing it). I see this topic as a constructive criticism for the game, it has everything to be an incredible game full of players.

Edited by Amazing Things

On 4/28/2019 at 6:11 PM, Amazing Things said:

Sorry if i confused the value, I did a quick search on Google. Answering your question, I want to buy it, I played it in the period that was free, I found a very immersive game (I love zombie survival games) but in the short period I played, I managed to find several problems like network lag, bush does not penetrate shots etc. Anyway, as mentioned, if the game is not 100% yet, R$ 78,99 is a fair value (For Brazil)?

I know a lot of people here who do not buy the game because of the price, maybe if it was done more promotions or even the price was reduced, several people could buy and this would make the game have more players (And in my point of view , he is needing it). I see this topic as a constructive criticism for the game, it has everything to be an incredible game full of players.

I think once the game gets a bit more polished and people wont cry on reviews you'll see this go on sale for steam, maybe by this summer? would be smart for sales.