DemonGroover

Craziest Thing You've Done in Day Z

I'm really looking for inspiration for my Batshit Mental playthroughs but what are some of the silliest, craziest things you've done or are thinking of doing.

Its a shame there isnt an option for Take Off Clothes because i would love to run around Cherno nude with a hatchet to the Benny Hill theme Song.

Any stories or ideas?

(sound of crickets)

Well, my friend managed to break his leg by looking at a tree while we were looting cherno. He hid in a hut and I ran through the streets looking for morphine for him while a sniper was taking potshots at me until I finally found morphine and gave it to him. Then we ran the fuck out of there and took a long route around to find the sniper. I shot him in the head with a Lee Enfield and took his DMR and ghillie suit. GG dude. GG.

Well' date=' my friend managed to break his leg by looking at a tree while we were looting cherno. He hid in a hut and I ran through the streets looking for morphine for him while a sniper was taking potshots at me until I finally found morphine and gave it to him. Then we ran the fuck out of there and took a long route around to find the sniper. I shot him in the head with a Lee Enfield and took his DMR and ghillie suit. GG dude. GG.

[/quote']

that story would have been pretty epic, too bad u cant removed ghillie suits....

Well' date=' my friend managed to break his leg by looking at a tree while we were looting cherno. He hid in a hut and I ran through the streets looking for morphine for him while a sniper was taking potshots at me until I finally found morphine and gave it to him. Then we ran the fuck out of there and took a long route around to find the sniper. I shot him in the head with a Lee Enfield and took his DMR and ghillie suit. GG dude. GG.

[/quote']

Where's my bullshit button, you can't take Ghillie suits off people.

Well there was one time when I repaired a car in the middle of stary, or driving through elektro when we got board. Prolly the dumbest thing ive done is run into cherno with NVGs and gillie looking for morphine. Thank god I made it out alive.

I ran around Berezino for two days firing my saw like a mad man, in an attempt to clean the streets, sadly, to no avail. But, on the second day I heard a shotgun when I was at the barns, investigating further I saw a couple guys hiding in the small building fighting off infected. I cautiously approached and called out, they ended up being friendly, and had heard me madly firing the saw and were scared shitless of me. We teamed up for a bit and I showed them where some good loot was, but on our way to the military tents I saw another player on our left flank and the next thing we know headshot on my one new friend, bullets landing all around me, zombies running at me, and then I saw someone crawling in the bushes, but wasn't sure who it was so I took off running in the opposite direction of our assailant. Got out of there and never looked back.

I had all the best gear, but acted bat-shit crazy, and still nothing happens. Then later, when I have something to lose(friends) I act all cautious and my new friend Justin gets murdered right in front of me. I guess sometimes it pays to be crazy.

Nothing more fun then hunting zombies with a hatchets, or running though town without weapons.

Pretty sure you keep the item after putting it on' date=' so it's plausible.

[/quote']

WRONG

We Were hiding on the roof of a hospital and searched the area when we noticed a guy crawling in our direction through a garden behind a house. He was only equipped with a hatchet so we didn't shoot him. I just took a smoke grenade and threw it right at him and all the zombies ran to his hiding point.

I guess i have never seen a guy disconnecting that fast :D

Larkinto' pid='250601' dateline='1341463666']

Pretty sure you keep the item after putting it on' date=' so it's plausible.

[/quote']

WRONG

My mistake, I remembered having to drop clothing after wearing the camo, but it was civ clothing now that I think of it.

I have an mp5 with 4 mags and an alice pack. Most tools, missing compass gps and box of matches though. I find a bike while running to stary, so I take it and get to stary. I announce about 3 minutes before I get there in side chat "I'm going to drive up and down stary mil. tents on my bike ringing my bell." When I get there, I do exactly that. And I didn't get shot. I looted all the tents, find nothing of use. Cook meat on fire, then announce I will drive up and down the northwest airfield. I drive there, *it takes a while because I went the wrong way for a bit* and during this I make a friend who happens to be there through the side-chat. Once I get there, he tells me there is a crashed heli with a bizon in it. A guy named "dave" or something like that says he got it, but I check anyway. I then get shot. My friend says he sees my bike driving with nobody on it, and 2 different people confirm this afterwards. "dave" is the one who killed me, he talks about it in side chat. Turns out he was the guy riding the bike too. So I got killed by some invisible exploiter.

Edited to explain something more.

I made a profile named ZEDSTEP and blared Skrillex through direct chat, while running through Cherno throwing empty cans at people.

Benny Hill theme song? What the fuck are you on? That's called Yakety Sax' date=' not a fucking theme song.

[/quote']

For those of us a bit older who remember perhaps it will always be the Benny Hill Theme Song, sorry.

Perhaps you didnt get Benny Hill where you are from?

killed 6 bandits/survivors at NW airfield, they had me pinned, guess i was the better shot (actually i got ridiculously lucky, had 2 bandits empty clips into me and all the shots missed by some miracle). After that got hit by a zombie and broke my leg and i was bleeding, no morphine, no bandages, i managed to crawl into this shed and find a bandage, crawled out into the forest, killed about 20 zombies while crawling out of that hell. had about 4k health, but i kept crawling and crawling till i was somewhat safe in the forest.

logged out, then had a friend come and give me a transfusion and morphine the next day.

now im on day 6, still alive. and ive killed 3 since then. I often wonder, I can only kill so many bandits and survivors until its my turn to die.

Me and a buddy driving a Ural down the middle of the NW airfield looking for a cool time. Beeping the horn. Rembering the days before the apocalypse.

Some guy shot at us, it hurt but I survived. I hope we made his day.

Bullfighting Zeds out by Kamenka.

Run through town and get them chasing you then get up on the hill to the East and jog back and forth.

When they sprint towards you strafe them and they end up running too far over the edge and die.

No video footage but yesterday me and TehPaws took on a player named Zeb. He was armed with an AKM and we were armed with hatchets. I left with an AK and Paws left with a bunch of tools.

Was a great moment when he had snuck into Elektro Train Station and was looting a junk pile when we burst through both the doors and hacked him to death. I got credit for the murder and as I had 1 zombie kill and 1 murder as well as 2 headshots at the time, I can only assume that I finished him with a blow to the head :D

My craziest moment in DayZ was when I was playing a couple friends and two randoms that earned our trust. We found a Yuril(the wagon truck can't spell the name) and all six of us piled in. We smoke in the distance and scouted it found it was a helicopter crash, so we decided to roll up on the truck and all the sudden we blew the fuck up. Apparently someone else was heading towards the crash and he had a rpg. By the time we got back to our corpses all our shit was gone. That was pretty crazy and a lot of fun. Such a surprise to blow up like that.

i rolled off a edge and broke my legs not to mention it was like 5inches

Sprinted 3-4Km (2-3 Km had Zero Visibility) to get to the shoreline then 3 kilometers to get to Cherno.... then Entered Cherno at night, Zero detection, then traveled to Elektro in the darkness. Waited there until daylight, (Server hopped to simulate sleep) entered Elektro and died.... Never did find the antibiotics I needed..

Night Navigation with map and compass is an incredible experience.

That was my Midnight Run.