Sign in to follow this  
AllYoYens

DayZ Danger Map

http://imgur.com/DyR3o

(FINAL DRAFT BEFORE POSTING. LAST CHANCE TO PUT INPUT IN!)

I made a "danger zone" map to show people the general dangerous areas. This can help people out a little bit, but I'm looking for suggestions.

It's based on personal experience.

If you have any suggestions, leave it in the comments.

Hard Red: Extremely dangerous

Red: Dangerous

Orange: Less dangerous but still...

Yellow: Probably will see someone

Green: Pretty low chance but you might see someone.

Unmarked: I'm not sure because I haven't been everywhere, or places that it's pretty uncommon to see someone.

Again, leave suggestions, I can change it up.

(Updated five times)

hmm' date=' my entire travel plan is unmarked

[/quote']

Tried to avoid marking common travel paths because I don't want to be followed

Mogilevka/Zub/Vishnoye should be Green-Yellow. They are on a direct course and decent places to get stuff while heading further north.

This is cool though, mang, I wanted to do this, but much more detailed. Then I wanted to see how accurate my theoretical heatmap is compared to a real one. If they ever release one.

IMO almost town with more than 3 enter-able buildings should be green, more than 5 with surrounding buildings in the countryside yellow. I think it slightly odd that you made Zelenagorsk red. Maybe you need one more color(orange) for in between.

Mogilevka/Zub/Vishnoye should be Green-Yellow. They are on a direct course and decent places to get stuff while heading further north.

This is cool though' date=' mang, I wanted to do this, but much more detailed. Then I wanted to see how accurate my theoretical heatmap is compared to a real one. If they ever release one.

IMO almost town with more than 3 enter-able buildings should be green, more than 5 with surrounding buildings in the countryside yellow. I think it slightly odd that you made Zelenagorsk red. Maybe you need one more color(orange) for in between.

[/quote']

Yeah I actually wanted to do this to compare with other people's experiences. I put the Zelanogorsk grocery store red because I've been there at least 10 time and have encountered someone EVERY SINGLE TIME.

My friends and I go to grocery stores and 75% of the time someone ends up dying. Either one of us or a random stranger.

I will be editing the picture after some more feedback comes in. This was a little experiment to see where people think it's the most dangerous.

Hmm.. I'd put Rog and Zub probably green, Zelenogorsk grocery and farm area yellow. Krasnostav airstrip as yellow. Berezino grocery and hospital areas yellow, rest of Berezino green. Gorka as green. Thats just my experience, yours may vary

also you might want to set the power lines to green that run between cherno and elecktro

Wouldn't say Green Mountain is just green... there are more ppl as you think.

Devil's Castle isn't dangerous at all.

It isn't a notorious bandit hideout or anything like that.

Noted

Wouldn't say Green Mountain is just green... there are more ppl as you think.

Clever pun or good info. Maybe both

Heh I don't agree with that, at all. The couple handful of times I've gone resulted in combat more often than not. It has a decent amount of supplies. Food, packs, camo, etc...plus it's cool.

I'd say solnichny is green, in my many travels passing through there I never encountered anyone.

Also Krasnostav Airport is the same deep red as the barracks?

I rarely ever see anyone at the Aiport there because there are no rare weapons.

I have yet to be at the barracks on any full server without killing anyone.

This ^

I've been to devil's castle countless times and it was always a breeze.

I can't find a legit reason why this should be visited by other players since the loot tables are the same as the coast's. Never found anything valuable over there but the occasional Lee Enfield, Makarov and pepsi drinks.

This ^

I've been to devil's castle countless times and it was always a breeze.

I can't find a legit reason why this should be visited by other players since the loot tables are the same as the coast's. Never found anything valuable over there but the occasional Lee Enfield' date=' Makarov and pepsi drinks.

[/quote']

So should I remove it from red? I've never been there. Seems like it wouldn't be extremely dangerous, just medium.

The entire area on the coast around Solnicy and upto Dolina should be green. No one ever goes there. Theres pretty much nothing useful aside from 1 or 2 barns.

My personal experience (over six weeks) on various servers; Pusthoska is a yellow zone.

It has some interesting loot points where the warehouse can be a first go-to zone for vehicle part farming and there is a tankstation down the road south. People camping up in the NW wilderness might use Pusthoska as a refuel (parts or fuel) zone.

Map seems fairly accurate to me. Though in my mind every square meter on the map is a danger zone!! lol I always feel like someone is watching me and I can be shot dead at any moment. Makes an otherwise long boring run kinda fun.

As someone else suggested I would add green to the east coast south of Berezino all the way around the bend. Those of us who like to hit Berezino can be found running up that coast as fast as possible. But usually unarmed so it is fairly safe.

Nice map, thanks for making it. You should share it in the new players section, this helpfull map will definitly save some lives.