paunae

How to load custom map into server? (for testing)

I've gotten this far thanks to Matthew Longtime's videos.   Unfortunately I'm stuck when i try to load my map using the Community Offline mode i get a twitching loading icon in the top right of the dayz splash screen and never gets passed the splash screen.

I don't mind using my server to test as i imagine that would be easier at this point but havent gotten that to work either.  

Anyone that can point me in the right direction is appreciated.  I've gotten quite far and i don't want to stop because of this roadblock

I've only used COM, haven't tried a local server. I think I mentioned this on Matts Discord to you, but I'd suggest using Mikero's PBOProject to pack as it will show a lot of errors that the official tool ignores. As an example, official tool packed my terrain without errors, but I was immeditaely crashing when trying to load it in COM.

Using PBOProject showed me a bunch of config.cpp errors, commonly "Line 24 var= is not an integer out of range 0 .. 4", which you can solve by removing the line "access="ReadOnlyVerified";" from config.cpp and "navmeshName="\dz\Worlds\test\navmesh\navmesh.nm";" (if you used Matt's config) which you can fix by just changing to navmeshName="\dz\Worlds\chernarusplus\navmesh\navmesh.nm"; as well as removing his class names if you used his config.

Aside from that, if you can post screenshots of your folder structure/launch paramaters etc, we can see if there's something obvious you have missed there or any other errors PBOProject give you.

Edited by SmashT

I run local server - use mpmissions to place your empty.yourmission and in there I have a copy of the Chernarus stuff but with my areaflags.map and my XML - delete Storage also; The mod is copied normally in the root @yourmission and in the server cfg you need to set it as well:

class Missions
{
    class DayZ
    {
        template="empty.yourmission"; // Mission to load on server startup. <MissionName>.<TerrainName>
    };
};

Lastly, place the key in the /keys/ folder in server root.