Sign in to follow this  
OneCowboy

Respawning as a female?

Aw c'mon guys, I keep respawning as a woman. Where is the old man character I created at the beginning? 

Is that it, one life looking the way I want - then hey wanna be a girl?

How can I keep my guy?

6 hours ago, OneCowboy said:

Aw c'mon guys, I keep respawning as a woman. Where is the old man character I created at the beginning? 

How can I keep my guy?

The character selection is currently not working as intended.

12 hours ago, OneCowboy said:

How can I keep my guy?

Are you logging to public hive or to a private hive ?

If you have - say 4 characters, (different bodies different names) and log in to a private hive you have ALREADY played - it does NOT matter WHICH character you choose on your login screen, when you arrive on that private hive you will be in the body you already played on THAT server with the name and equipment you already had there.. when you log OUT you will see that server character equipped on your login screen, BUT if you take another character and log into another private server, when you come out you will see THAT character equipped, and the last character you played will have gone back to equipment from some earlier state, or might even have swapped names (?) - BUT the main point is when you get on to a private server, you will find the same character there that you played previously on that server... AND that goes for the public hive too.

OK - BEST thing to do = > however many characters you have, at least ONE of them should have the option to CUSTOMIZE CHARACTER  (even if it looks like a tune you designed and gave a name to already) - So customize THAT ONE, and log in to a private hive you have NOT played before - and your char will turn up on the beach as you designed him.

If you want to play on a private hive you've already played, or (I think [?]) also the public hive - you have to kill the character there, come out of the game, and send in your new CUSTOMISED tune.. that <MAY> work as you want (??)

Otherwise you have to get technical, find the local file that holds your local characters info, delete it, renew from Steam, and start off from zero with only one character
 on your loading screen
(but if you then log into a private server where you already have a character in play, I think you'll still find your old character there waiting for you)

Maybe someone on the forum will tell you which pbo file to delete and where to find it ?? to get rid of your loading screen chars ??  (folks?)

I have 4 chars =  2 private hive, one public hive, and a spare CUSTOMIZABLE - he looks like one of my "real chars" but it is the CUSTOMIZABLE that counts .... for me it works this way - as I described above.. it's kind of confusing, but Ive got the hang of it. If I send HIM anywhere I have already played and Im still alive o,n that server, he turns up there looking like the character I played there before, and equipped the same as that char was when I left. If I send him to a new place he stays the way I set him up.

so if you play public hive, kill your character, leave the game and log in with your customizable character set up the way you want. .. see if that works.

If you want to customize a new male dude char and send him to a NEW private hive server, then I REALLY suggest TRY OUT  "Dead By Dawn" - it's a great server.. same zombies but PLENTY MORE of them, enough to be interesting, and they makes daily life definitely MUCH MORE fun.. also it is a stable server and well cared for:

Dead by Dawn

this is a straight ad and a plug for a GOOD private hive server - and also a solution to your problem, CUSTOMIZE a male character and send him to Dead by Dawn, if you've never been there he WILL stay male on that server.
and you wont regret it.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

27 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

so if you play public hive, kill your character, leave the game and log in with your customizable character set up the way you want. .. see if that works.

OP: This is the easiest way to resolve the issue- but you need to remember every time you die that you need to exit first, then choose your new customized dude and then go back into the game. Park your stuff in a barrel if you can find one then go pick a fight with a zombie and kill yourself until you respawn nearby. Each time you need to exit, choose your guy and then click Play again.

Spawns up north are a little less frequent so if you're around the SE corner of the map by the beach most spawn points are within a 5-10 minute run. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

@ pilgrim  Hey thanks man for the info.

I'm joining public servers, starting with the lowest ping. I have one char an older guy which I started with.

I'm not joining private hives as I figured you'd need a password to do that?

Now on a public server I'm geared up and trying to be careful now staying alive. When it gets dark, I'm done - can't see squat.

So I try and jump on another public low ping server in daylight and I have a new unequipped char in my location and I have to start over?

I'm starting to hate this game....

Edited by OneCowboy

1 hour ago, OneCowboy said:

@ pilgrim  Hey thanks man for the info.

I'm joining public servers, starting with the lowest ping. I have one char an older guy which I started with.

I'm not joining private hives as I figured you'd need a password to do that?

Now on a public server I'm geared up and trying to be careful now staying alive. When it gets dark, I'm done - can't see squat.

So I try and jump on another public low ping server in daylight and I have a new unequipped char in my location and I have to start over?

I'm starting to hate this game....

You didn't accidentally end up in a Hard Core (HC) or experimental server by any chance? Either on your first guy, or your second?

Are you saying your dude ends up in the same place where you logged out but with no equipment on? 

Edited by eno

No hard core, all I see from the server browser - hit ping - lowest ping servers (public) that's where I've played.

Got killed, and now I can't get my original guy to respawn - only as a female.

New location No Gear