paunae

Central Economy Issues/types.xml modified

Is there any documentation or rule of thumb to keep the CE functioning as intended after making adjustments to the types.xml files?  I've added some mod files yes, but it seems to spawn and distribute everything as intended. But after a few hours the only things left are backpacks with longer lifetimes and loot on heli crashs.   I can post my file if wanted but its just frustrating trying to tune it with out any idea of what is causing it to break or overload until several hours later.  Server restart seems to have no effect.

Whats most frustrating is that I've actually reduced the number of max and nominal in most items. Only certain items have been bumped up.   I've also made all mod items a 2 nominal 1 min. I've made some items 0 or drastically less common (ex.. construction helmets from 15 to 3..ect)

Workarounds?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to wipe loot while leaving bases tents and vehicles ?  From what i can see floor loot and bases are saved together, or ive missed something.   I can't be the only one trying to figure this out.  Maybe everyone knows the answer and im just blind or uninformed. 

Thanks for any suggestions/help

-Paunae

7 hours ago, paunae said:

floor loot and bases are saved together

- yes they are. @ImpulZ has said this ensures base construction materials won't disappear from the ground around a player who is building. So ALL loot stays around after a restart ATM, as well as persistent items (tents, cars, barrels, bases)

I think you have to look at loot categories.

Each INDIVIDUAL spawn point is linked to loot items from a category - if you reduce one item, it just means that other items in that category will spawn more often to keep that one spawn point stocked up.
Seems some individual spawn points spawn from just one category, some spawn points are linked to more than one category. This is why different spawn points spawn different kinds of stuff (I don't mean general loot spawn areas like "in a house" I mean the exact specific spawn point (like "on the small table").. a house might have 5 spawn points for instance).
At the moment I think the lists are as shown on  : dayz.xam.nu/  = Civilian : Farm : Industrial : Military : Hunting : Police : Firefighter : Medic : Special : Coast : Planks  (& maybe other categories - or this is not up to date??)

Some items are on more than one list - So one spawn point in one location may choose items from more than one list ( Industrial & Village, for instance)

Best thing to do, IMO is start with the CLE as given, and just nudge it gently the way you want to go.. it will take hours of server time before you see how that pans out for players. Take your time and don't change too much at once.

Just a suggestion : if you want to clean the server - restart from a spare file where you have set all loot spawn everywhere to zero - restart &  wait for everything already on the server to despawn - then restart again clean from your real file with the spawn values you have set.

ps - (dumb fix) if you take an item OUT of the list, and REPLACE that line with another item already in the list, then you have ZERO chance of the first item spawning, and TWICE as much chance of the doubled-up item spawning. Hmm ? Leave the max and min, and average and spawn rate the way they are - and replace items you DONT like with ones you DO like that are already listed -just cut and paste. It's a way to start ?? On average those items will be selected twice as often.

* < check that with @ImpulZ > *  [if you speak the name of the wolf, he comes out of the trees]

The Devs have tinkered with the loot lists for a LONG time to get an equilibrium (and folk still complain) .. I'd follow their lead and go slow to make changes.

= this is just my way of looking at it = 

Edited by pilgrim*

1. The whole Loot system Is broken.

2. If u want to clean the loot from the server....delte types.bin

3. The post above,is funny...

4. Dont waste your time,until the devs fix it...

On 3/3/2019 at 3:32 AM, pilgrim* said:

ion : if you want to clean the server - restart from a spare file where you have set all loot spawn everywhere to zero - restart &  wait for everything already on the server to despawn - then restart again clean from your real file with the spawn values you have set.

ps - (dumb fix) if you take an item OUT of the list, and REPLACE that line with another item already in the list, then you have ZERO chance of the first item spawning, and TWICE as much chance of the doubled-up item spawning.

I know, horrible of me to reply SO much later.  This, however is a great way to guess&check loot distribution. 

And i wanted to thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I also like your idea of not necessarily messing with values but with categories.  So what I've re-aimed my focus at is eliminating certain items from one category and re assigning them elsewhere.  Example:  I reduce/redistribute certain items.  I eliminate all Military tags from all backpacks.  (i don't want bags/boots/food/basics in military)  I then reassign the military tags with coast/village/town tags and BOOM. My economy seems to reflect my desire and is holding strong 3 weeks later.

Snapshot of my goals for loot:

-all individual loot gun attachments gone

-guns 100% chance spawn with attachments, which attachments is random

-all loose ammo only spawn as boxes, also reduced

-no bags/clothes in tents

-military bags/clothes in tier 2-3-4 industrial instead

- canned food gone from wilderness/military distribution table.  Only appear on dropped zeds/heli's/civilian/coast/town

Now i've moved on to creating my own custom map and soon; i hope eventually to launch a unique dayz server+map  and have a tuned experience to my favorite styles.  

Here's hoping. Cheers

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, paunae said:

a great way to guess&check loot distribution

Thanx @paunae. There is a bit more on the same lines here = my attitude is "go easy"=   simplist= not complicated, you can try out and see what happens without making a disaster you can't put straight in one easy upload : this is still on loot categories, (and with an interesting github link)  and on zombie categories & "cargo" that zombies (and maybe backpack loot & clothes loot?)  carry.

This should be in the modding/servers section anyway, but it was a suggestion in the Dead by Dawn server thread. The zombs were carrying too many cans of food to make survival edgy enough. But  DbyD has a lot of zombies, overall this makes the daily DayZ loot search suddenly much more interesting. Worth a look. 

Dead by Dawn(Dedicated) | Hardcore 1pp - 174.0.199.16:2302

xxp