Sign in to follow this  
Cyral

Character Not Shared Across Official Servers

Hi Team / Players,

Can someone please help me understand this issue.

Up until the update 3 nights ago, us Australians had 4-5 servers to play on the official hive. see screenshot below.
2 hosted by 1 company, the other 2 hosted by another company.

You used to be able to login to any of them and have your same character loaded. After the update, when I login to the 'Fragnet' servers, i'm giving a NEW character... It won't load my official hive character.
If I login to the 'gameservers' servers, it loads my fully decked out character from the hive however.

What did the wednesday night update do to break this and how can it be rectified, we NEED to be able to play on all 4 here in my country so this needs fixing please ASAP.

ONnjkb6.jpg

• Haha 1

@Cyral The reason for this is because Gameservers are running the 1st/3rd person and Fragnet are running 1st person. You cannot share across these. 

yGZgymt.jpg

• Beans 2

11 hours ago, nuggit said:

@Cyral The reason for this is because Gameservers are running the 1st/3rd person and Fragnet are running 1st person. You cannot share across these. 

Hey Nuggit,

Thanks for the response, that 'does' make sense, but any idea why they were linked for the months leading up to Wednesday's update?

The fragnet servers were locked to 1st person, and Gameservers allowed 3rd person, and you could use your 1 character across both lots of servers up until wednesday night.

Do you think that was a mistake that was 'fixed' on wednesdays update? and it shouldnt've been possible in the first place up until now?

thanks again

@Cyral

The shards are seperated so from my experience you cannot share between 1st and 1st/3rd official servers. 

They weren't linked like you think. What more then likely happened was some servers were being used on experimental for testing purposes and now the patch went to stable, there was no need to keep extra  experimental servers up so they brought them across to stable. I noticed a few extra up and now we have 4 first person servers and usually there is 1 or 2.  It is possible that fragnet or gameservers were switched over from 1st/3rd to 1st person only which would remove the ability to shuffle your characters across gameservers/fragnet

Some other community servers like the pipsi ones have a 1st and 1st/3rd linked so you can switch across though if you want to though. 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:08 PM, Cyral said:

Hi Team / Players,

Can someone please help me understand this issue.

Up until the update 3 nights ago, us Australians had 4-5 servers to play on the official hive. see screenshot below.
2 hosted by 1 company, the other 2 hosted by another company.

You used to be able to login to any of them and have your same character loaded. After the update, when I login to the 'Fragnet' servers, i'm giving a NEW character... It won't load my official hive character.
If I login to the 'gameservers' servers, it loads my fully decked out character from the hive however.

What did the wednesday night update do to break this and how can it be rectified, we NEED to be able to play on all 4 here in my country so this needs fixing please ASAP.

Dear Friend,

Dean Hall made the network bubble with SA so you can play anywhere, you don't need to play AU servers. I always play AU/NZ/SG servers during experimental branchs because players are erronously scared to play on them and they're empty. I live on the East Coast US and get 350+ ping to those servers and they play great. A 300+ ping server plays almost exactly like a 17 ping. I've never noticed a difference in performance and I've got almost 5k hours on SA alone. DayZ Mod on the other hand, 150 ping was a death sentence, not SA.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 1

This is quite interesting Weyland.  Not sure what your net is like but I imagine it is far superior then what we have here in Australia. NBN is finally here and getting rolled out for most, it probably is a better experience for the folk who are on it.  Sadly I still can't get NBN yet and stuck with ADSL +2.

On the other shoe.

I actually have had a very different experience from yours. It is very noticeable playing with large ping and overseas servers that are close to full for me. There is delay in all actions and the ai and other players can become laggy and glitchy. Take up to 2 seconds to pick an item up or open a door and so on. I have also noticed getting kicked a lot with high ping because it exceeded the latency limit. So this is quite interesting with your experience as it is the polar opposite from mine. Also take the fact you are playing from overseas and then joining a empty or a very low pop server over here.  A very different experience then joining a close to full server over there.

There is a couple community servers that are vanilla here that go from medium to sometimes high pop on weekends and late afternoons. It can be a lonely place at the best times though.