Sign in to follow this  
ferrari32

Any idea what kiled me?

Hi!

I'm not exactly a new player but I'm new to 1.0, so maybe there's some feature I've missed, can't seem to find anything about it online.

I was looting Pavlovo base when I noticed my water bar going red, not much food/drink items there so I scroll to my inventory and see the saline bag. Item description says it helps fight dehydration and raises blood level. So I use it with an IV start kit (both the bag and kit were pristine) and all of a sudden my health drops to half. Blood's full, temperature's normal, yet I start losing health until I die, and water bar doesn't fill up, falls down even more (but not completely) and I die. Anyone have an idea what happened?

I died through the course of like 2 minutes or so.

Edited by ferrari32
Mistype

13 minutes ago, ferrari32 said:

I'm not exactly a new player

????

You need to do more than consume one saline bag to stay hydrated.  How is this not obvious to someone who isn't a new player?  In fact, don't rely on saline bags to stay hydrated.  You need to drink water, eat food, drink soda.  This is pretty obvious.  If you run for several kilometers in real life wouldn't you expect to get thirsty?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Parazight said:

????

You need to do more than consume one saline bag to stay hydrated.  How is this not obvious to someone who isn't a new player?  In fact, don't rely on saline bags to stay hydrated.  You need to drink water, eat food, drink soda.  This is pretty obvious.  If you run for several kilometers in real life wouldn't you expect to get thirsty?

Have you read the post? I said I wasn't dehydrating yet. I know you need more saline bags, but it should give you a boost either way iirc.

Also since when does dehydration take 2 minutes?

Edited by ferrari32
Edit

16 hours ago, ferrari32 said:

Have you read the post? I said I wasn't dehydrating yet.

16 hours ago, ferrari32 said:

I was looting Pavlovo base when I noticed my water bar going red

Yes, you were. Red hydration bar = dehydrated.

Pro tip: Don't run straight to a military base from the coast without managing hydration / food. 

I'm not sure if saline ever actually combated thirst though the way it's worded in the wiki it's misleading... I remember it contributed to blood volume but at a different rate than blood bags. 

• Beans 1

15 minutes ago, eno said:

Yes, you were. Red hydration bar = dehydrated.

Pro tip: Don't run straight to a military base from the coast without managing hydration / food. 

I'm not sure if saline ever actually combated thirst though the way it's worded in the wiki it's misleading... I remember it contributed to blood volume but at a different rate than blood bags. 

This, it just filled blood volume last time I checked no mater what in game tip or wiki said. 

The bit I've played recently hydration goes form red to dead in a hurry especially if you panic and sprint around trying to fix it.