cc257

Can't move, changing keybindings crash game

So I played yesterday and the game was working fine, no problems. Today I load and the menu works fine, everythings good I log into a server, login happens fine I spawn but my character can't move, can't look around I can't even hit esc to access the menu have to ctrl alt delete to close the game. I've tried all kinds of solutions including reinstalling the whole game twice, tried both experimental and standard version and the weird one when I got to the config settings in the main menu and try to look at key bindings my game crashes. I don't know what else I can do, help please?

Exact same results for me. The key bindings crash brings up application error of:

The instruction at 0x3fa166c4 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Tried both Standard and Experimental versions, currently unable to play the game. Have you only tried connecting to the one server?

What are your system specs? Perhaps we have something in common...though my PC is somewhat of a potato.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, i5-3570K, 8GB RAM, 1060 6GB

Have you verified your game files before playing, including user data?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Have you verified your game files before playing, including user data?

I did verify the game files; STABLE freezes the character and entering the bindings menu crashes the game. EXPERIMENTAL is fine though, at least for me...

I'm not sure about verifying the user data; the DayZ dialog window for deleting log files/user data/firewall rules needs administrator rights, and thus searches for files in the admin account's documents folder, not the local user's documents folder.

3 hours ago, NoPOW said:

I did verify the game files; STABLE freezes the character and entering the bindings menu crashes the game. EXPERIMENTAL is fine though, at least for me...

I'm not sure about verifying the user data; the DayZ dialog window for deleting log files/user data/firewall rules needs administrator rights, and thus searches for files in the admin account's documents folder, not the local user's documents folder.

To be sure you can go into your documents and the delete the DayZ folder you find there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

To be sure you can go into your documents and the delete the DayZ folder you find there.

It worked, thanks!

Yes, what ImpulZ says.  Verify files and delete the DayZ folder in your Documents folder.

I had issues coming back to stable from experimental and this information fixed it.

The same here. I have only delete the Complete DayZ folder in my Documents (rename of parts do not work).