Sign in to follow this  
Survivor-Kyle

Reverse robberies

Last night, I set out to reverse-rob players. That's where I run up to a player, tell them to put their hands down, and then I give them stuff from my inventory. Typically, while holding a zucchini as a "weapon". 

I actually did better than I expected, with only one player deciding to kill me, and he did so after shaving my face. It was weird, but whatever. When he decided to attack, I responded by giving him a few jabs with my trusty Zucchini, but alas, his stone knife proved more lethal.  I Ihink I'm going to try and press-gang my next victim into joining my campaign of coastline antics—we'll have to see how that goes.

So if you see a player with minimal pants and a piece of fruit jogging your way, be warned: you could be in for a reverse robbery.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

I love stuff like this ^.

Good for you that you try to make chernarus a more interesting place. 

'Nough kos going around as is. 

Have some beans :d

2 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

If you see me, be warned, you could be in for torture and death.

That's Chernarus, though, isn't it?

• Thanks 1

I actually moved inland a bit and got KOS'ed by some guy who was all camo'd out. I was in a denim jacket and white skirt with bright yellow NBC boots and no visible weapons. No real challenge there, so I'm not sure what fun it really offered him.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

31 minutes ago, Survivor-Kyle said:

I actually moved inland a bit and got KOS'ed by some guy who was all camo'd out. I was in a denim jacket and white skirt with bright yellow NBC boots and no visible weapons. No real challenge there, so I'm not sure what fun it really offered him.

Need to tell a little more of the story... that's like watching a police video with the first 10 minutes cut out of it. No context... Curious about the rest of the story though since I do appreciate your general approach... wondering what the full story is since in some instances what you're doing may not be understood if approached certain ways. 

I had been running around Svetloyarsk for an hour or so, but hadn't found anyone (despite 60-70 players being on the server). So I moved in to the airfield, where I found no one again, but did find a cool bit of construction at the ATC building. 

I pushed further inland to Krasnostav (where I FINALLY found some damn .380 rounds) but still hadn't found anyone. I did hear a couple of slow shots, like someone hunting maybe, in the distance, but couldn't place the origin. No follow up shots and all one caliber. Maybe 4 in total. I made my way to Black Mountain, to see if that was where the trade site was, but it wasn't there. I looked out from the top (more user construction there too—people have been busy on the UN server) and saw no signs of life. 

I worked my way West, toward the military site, and still hadn't seen any signs of players. I did hear some wolves though, so at least things were getting interesting. I was in the woods, running, when I heard an echo of my footsteps and turned to investigate. When I did (still unarmed, by the way) the guy was running behind me with a gun (smg of some sort, maybe?). He opened fire without a word and that was that. 

Upside: I finally found another player. Downside, it was just run-of-the-mill DayZ KOS'ing. No adventures to be had on that life. 

I'd actually just send a quick picture of the character to a buddy, so this is the kit I was rocking.

https://imgur.com/a/JsXBkZB

Edited by Survivor-Kyle
  • Beans 2

13 minutes ago, Survivor-Kyle said:

Upside: I finally found another player. Downside, it was just run-of-the-mill DayZ KOS'ing. No adventures to be had on that life. 

Ah- okay. That's a better view, thanks. 

Under a different set of circumstances I do understand where guys who are geared up get a little insecure around fresh spawns or even people with the silly getup... Especially on high pop servers, character animations are a fucking mess so one second a person is 10 feet away and the next time they're putting a burlap sac over your head and stuffing a kitchen knife in your belly. 

Anyway, hope it doesn't soil your approach... 

The only way to play safe is to avoid any encounter. And even with this you can get killed on sight by some piece of crap who decided to play sniper.