Sign in to follow this  
EricJennings

Do Vehicles carry over to other servers?

Anything you can pick up and walk with, your tune can take to another server.. wheels, folded tents, barrels ..  but if you can't carry it with - you can't move it to another server.  

Because the server i am playing on i have walked and found at least 20 vehicle spawn points, if not more. according to IZsurvive.com, But none are there. 

It's a bit odd how they have it defined.  The cars spawn as one of the events listed in events.xml:

<event name="VehicleOffroadHatchback">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>40</nominal>
        <min>18</min>
        <max>22</max>
        <lifetime>300</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>1000</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>500</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>200</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="40" min="30" type="OffroadHatchback"/>
        </children>
    </event>

I've been basing my information off a DayZ Server spreadsheet that I found somewhere here on the forum.  In it, is says that the "lifetime" parameter is defined as: How long (in seconds) something will be out before despawning, after being idle (no interaction).  It also says that the nominal value is defined as: How many items spawn of this type, assuming there is enough loot spaces and CE queue is open, and restock timer is 0.  It also says that the min value is defined as: Minimum count of item on map, effected by nominal. If count falls below this, they are prioritized in restock queue.

So, what I think is happening is that the system chooses a random selection of spawn points for the cars (as defined in the cfgeventspawns.xml file) and then spawns a bunch of them when the server starts.  If those spreadsheet definitions are accurate, it means that you have 5 minutes (since <lifetime>300</lifetime> is in seconds) to interact with it before it is marked to be despawned.  At that point, the next time the restock timer reaches zero, cars that haven't been found will vanish, but since the nominal value is set to 40 and the min value set to 18, there should always be at least 18 cars sitting in spawn points somewhere on the server.  Cars that vanish don't necessarily respawn on the same spot, so I think it's luck of the draw basically -- a car spawn point on the map may or may not have a car -- I haven't actually tried walking far enough away, waiting 5 minutes and then returning to see if one is there now, but I think that might be the case.

I'm still learning how this all works though, so if wrong about that, somebody please correct me.  If it is right, It certainly seems odd to me to despawn the car so quickly after it spawned.