foweyuk

Players stuck with black screen until they starve

We have had 3 reports on our community server of players that suddenly find themselves with a black screen, they can see the hud but cannot move or tab their inventory. This happens to two players while driving a car and again to one of them after drinking at a well.

I travelled to the location of one of the players and the zombies in the immediate area where frozen and could not be killed by shooting them and when they logged out the zombies returned to normal animation and could be killed, when they logged back in the zombies froze again.

The only way for the players to recover from this situation was to stay logged in with a black screen until they died of dehydration or starvation which took over 3 hours.

It has happened again to one of the guys in the car after drinking at a well.

Is this a server issue, bug in the code or related to the player in some way?

Is there a way to delete a player's GUID from the server database so we can try them starting a fresh on the server?

Any help or advice appreciated.

BlueFish

32 minutes ago, SachaXD2 said:

Hi i've got an error message which i will attatch too the forum post, but i am unable to start the game no matter what i do, I've uninstalled and updated C++, i think i've updated .net framework, updated direct x... I think it has something to do with dll errors but have no idea how to sort them without paying 40 quid for an fixer that might not even work.

https://gyazo.com/2ea0a5e16b196243ff339fe55a947094

https://gyazo.com/510160004533afe676fce6fde6a29dea

https://gyazo.com/53d73c93ae81386e9ac1b4d04cf59ddc

I couldn't find an easier way to attatch hope you can help... thanks!

nope only thing you can wipe players is doing the server wipe which would be storage_1

1 hour ago, foweyuk said:

I travelled to the location of one of the players

well - quick fix you could have taken their loot and shot them, seeing they were a friend of yours

45 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

well - quick fix you could have taken their loot and shot them, seeing they were a friend of yours

That is not possible unfortunately as they are not visible to other players. They seem to be below the surface of the map!

i had a similar experience last night, i am a new player so loaded my character and was greeted with pitch black screen, no keys worked at all so no inventory movement or escape, i had to alt del out of the game in the end i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and all was fine.

afterwards i was told to try deleting the dayz folder in my docs then have steam check the files and it would of been alright.

1 hour ago, chili1496 said:

i had a similar experience last night, i am a new player so loaded my character and was greeted with pitch black screen, no keys worked at all so no inventory movement or escape, i had to alt del out of the game in the end i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and all was fine.

afterwards i was told to try deleting the dayz folder in my docs then have steam check the files and it would of been alright.

I will ask the player to try the file deletion, thanks for the tip will let you know how it goes.

4 hours ago, foweyuk said:

I will ask the player to try the file deletion, thanks for the tip will let you know how it goes.

This process does not work! I used the player with the problem Steam Account on my PC logged into DayZ and had the black screen so the issue in not client side. I have found \mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\players.db file but do not know how to convert the UID to GUID to identify the particular player!