Sign in to follow this  
john garcia

Finally I have a base raid tale to tell.....

So I'm a very conservative player, 9 times out of 10 I will run and avoid fights, hide when I hear shots, not a pvp kind of guy here.

I just have civilian gear. I'm totally full to capacity. Then I find a CR pistol. I don't usually find them. It has a mag with 12 rounds. I take it to hand and now I'm paranoid as I have to run around with it in hand and expect to get dropped as soon as someone sees me. 

I get to Starry mil base and in the woods on the hill slope just outside the fence line I find a base. Just 4 posts with roof and stairs. But boy-o-boy, a hiking back pack with some decent loot, and LOTS of hand tools on the ground. There is a M-5 sub gun in the back pack. I drop my IZH and take on my shoulder. I take the spare mag too but have to drop a water bottle to get it to fit. Fair trade in my eyes. Figured I'd be nice and leave the CR pistol too. Need my hands open for melee weapon to loot the mil camp.

Then it dawns on me. These guys are set up just outside the fence and keep coming back to loot when the camp respawns each day. Its almost like server hopping(?)

I'm a bit at odds but the more I think about it the more unfair I think it is. Then I consider what would they do if it was my base I built here? I've never been a dick to anyone in this game and try to play fair and nice, but F__K it, I'm gonna be a dick. I quickly loot the mil camp and find only a vest and no packs, but it will suit my purposes.

I take all I desire then back to their base. I take back the pistol and some other items now that I got room in the vest. Then I take the hiking backpack to hand and run a few yards to some other trees and drop it in the tree. It does the glitch where you cannot pick it up. But you can damn sure bet it's clearly visible. I go back and do the same to the med tent that was rolled up on the ground. Then I grab an axe and use it till it's ruined by demolishing the base. One wall with metal siding, the roof, the stairs. Have to switch to a hatchet and finish off the posts.

I'm thinking someone is going to be PISSED!! I'm about to take one of the numerous shovels to bury the rest of the gear when a shot rang out. I did not hear a round whizz by, and it wasn't real close but no way I'm sticking around. I sprint like mad uphill. Find a spot and over watch with the binocs. I see no movement. I wait awhile and hear another shot, sounds like from same area as before. Still no movement observed. I carefully saunter off to the NW.............

I get close to NWAF and see a herd of wild of wild boar making their way across a field. I felt like I just had a small but meaningful DayZ adventure all to myself. But I do wonder if I was unethical in my actions.

PS- is there any way to get those items out of the tree? I recall  a post that said you have to cut the tree down. Didn't think of it until I started making this post.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

I have yet to raid a base. I did spot a decent sized one near the Northern-edge, center of the map in a NL server... It had four large tents that I could see from where I was, some walls and such, along with a set of dirt tracks leading into it. I considered raiding it, but I was solo and that base looked as though it was managed by a decent sized crew and I figured they'd have a sentry or more guarding it, so I just continued my mushroom gathering westward and didn't get within 200 meters of it. I may go back and check it out if it still stands this weekend.  

If u got a buddy , get him to lie prone and stand on him . Works for us . Sounds like a pretty cool adventure though mate . Hit me up sometime if you fancy a wander ? 

Bearjew11001