Sign in to follow this  
Raptor97

Server crash caused base wipe

Hello devs, hi survivors

Im very happy with the progress of dayz, I'm a player since the beginning and it just gets better.

But something bad happened, on an official server there was a server crash and the whole base with the containers are gone now...

Its just frustrating spending so many hours for a very strong base built with friends and then everything is just gone...

I hope this will be fixed ASAP! its such a waste.

Regards, Raptor

• Beans 1

On 12/24/2018 at 6:04 PM, Raptor97 said:

Hello devs, hi survivors

Im very happy with the progress of dayz, I'm a player since the beginning and it just gets better.

But something bad happened, on an official server there was a server crash and the whole base with the containers are gone now...

Its just frustrating spending so many hours for a very strong base built with friends and then everything is just gone...

I hope this will be fixed ASAP! its such a waste.

Regards, Raptor

I strongly recommend anyone playing on anything other then a server with an active admin. Not even joking. With all the base building issues, tents poofing and stuff i've heard about it just doesn't make sense to NOT play on a server that has an active admin.

"Server crashes can cause a persistence wipe."

At this point, there's no use in even building a base.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, tandwan said:

I strongly recommend anyone playing on anything other then a server with an active admin. Not even joking. With all the base building issues, tents poofing and stuff i've heard about it just doesn't make sense to NOT play on a server that has an active admin.

It was on an official multiplay server.

The same thing happened to me and my friends, we lost everything! oficial server by gameservers.com

Accumulating anything more than what you can carry is a dice roll. 

Play with friends if you have any left who play DayZ after the first few hours and help each other out. As always don’t get attached to your gear. 

• Beans 1