bent.toe

Sneezing and coughing for 3 hours

This is your idea of fun?

I got it from contagious team mates. It's airborne so get within a few meters or the same building and your sick.

So now we are 5 people with a cold.

Tried all the medicine in the game, tried a lot of fluid and food.

It's beyond annoying. You can be heard a few hundred meters away. Every 20 seconds there is a sneeze or cough. Great when wearing headphones. Right now we are thinking of stashing everything and shot our selfs or jump off a tall building.

Maybe....just maybe try and focus on FIXING the month old bugs instead of adding new "features".

• Beans 1

Dude, one of the most hilariously awesome features you mean! Imagine the code needed for a contagious virus like a cold or flu in a game like this! I haven't got sick yet but I'm looking forward to it! Most friends I know opted out when they got sick, rinse and repeat type stuff you know. Anyway thanks for helping me remember what a great game Dayz has and is forming into! 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Dude, one of the most hilariously awesome features you mean! ! 

Yeah...maybe hold on to that statement until you sneezed and coughed every 20 seconds for 4+ hours. You basically can't do anything. Everyone and everything hear you. No medicine helps.

Nah..i doubt you will find it hilarious after loging in for the third day and your character still sneezes and coughs.

Dust mask and gas mask don't help either. Had one member using a dust mask, he is sick.

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Yeah...maybe hold on to that statement until you sneezed and coughed every 20 seconds for 4+ hours. You basically can't do anything. Everyone and everything hear you. No medicine helps.

Nah..i doubt you will find it hilarious after loging in for the third day and your character still sneezes and coughs.

Dust mask and gas mask don't help either. Had one member using a dust mask, he is sick.

Not too worried about it tbh, I never get attached to anything especially in game preview, so I am actually looking forward to it as I dislike my current character, he just isn't doing it for me this time around... poor fella... I have named him Charlie when he first came into this world, and unfortunately it looks like Charlie will have to take the easy way out once I find a gun.. I played for a little bit this morning and took a drink from a river, now I have the sick icon so fingers crossed I get sick! And yes, I will still probably find it hilarious and I won't put up with that coughing business for hours or days so if I am sick, I'll most likely opt out and take the Spawney Express to the coast.

Don't get too attached to stuff dude, it seems like you do, posting some of the rants I've seen.. Expectation brings about disappointment my friend.

Stay frosty out there.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
For Grammer sake!

No matter what anyone says it's hard not to get attached. You spend hours upon hours to collect, carry tents, explore etc..only to be back at square one with a patch/wipe/death.

I know it's a beta...but i still want/need to play right? Otherwise...whats the point?

diseases is still in the game and the bacteria/virus icon appears.

Now...i drank from a plastic bottle that i found in our old camp, a bottle with sickness in it. Now i been coughing and sneezing for a little over 4 hours straight.

Met some guys in a MB and i told them over the mic that what i got is contagious and airborne. 1 minute later they were both coughing and sneezing.

Now, could you atleast tell us HOW to cure it?!

I got a cold in real life, stay in bed, keep warm, honey and warm water, some painkillers too keep the temperatur down.

So...should i craft a fucking bed and a blanket and put my character there for 3 in-game days or what????

It's rediculous.

PS. I know some of you think it would be so cool to get sick, just let me know when your in svetlojarsk and what server you on so that i can meet and infect you.

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

diseases is still in the game and the bacteria/virus icon appears.

Now...i drank from a plastic bottle that i found in our old camp, a bottle with sickness in it. Now i been coughing and sneezing for a little over 4 hours straight.

Met some guys in a MB and i told them over the mic that what i got is contagious and airborne. 1 minute later they were both coughing and sneezing.

Now, could you atleast tell us HOW to cure it?!

I got a cold in real life, stay in bed, keep warm, honey and warm water, some painkillers too keep the temperatur down.

So...should i craft a fucking bed and a blanket and put my character there for 3 in-game days or what????

It's rediculous.

PS. I know some of you think it would be so cool to get sick, just let me know when your in svetlojarsk and what server you on so that i can meet and infect you.

I guess just be careful about what you eat and drink. Have you tried charcoal tablets or any other remedies? 

Roughly 8 hours (real time gameplay) and the coughing/sneezing went away.

Tried to eat every medicine and lots of it..no luck.

Guess it's a waiting game.