Sign in to follow this  
FishGuts4Lunch

Game will not open

Since the update today (dec 13th 2018) I cannot get the game to open. I have deleted it and reinstalled the game without success. I tried verifying the files as well but it does not help. I downloaded the Beta op-out. Could this be the problem? I want to play the new 1.0 Beta and not the experimental or legacy version.

When trying to play, steam opens and then Dayz pops up in the taskbar but then disappears.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

you can't play 1.0 beta. 1.0 is not beta. Beta is not 1.0.... :)

1.0 should show up in a bit more than 5 hours though.

22 minutes ago, FishGuts4Lunch said:

Since the update today (dec 13th 2018) I cannot get the game to open. I have deleted it and reinstalled the game without success. I tried verifying the files as well but it does not help. I downloaded the Beta op-out. Could this be the problem? I want to play the new 1.0 Beta and not the experimental or legacy version.

When trying to play, steam opens and then Dayz pops up in the taskbar but then disappears.

As of this post time, 1.0 isn't out yet, so you have three choices at the moment:

1. Opt into the Experimental Branch of the game, which is the latest patch released yesterday.  You can play this on Official Experimental servers only.  Good luck getting the server browser to work without crashing your game, however.
  2. Opt out of Experimental and you'll be on the current stable branch, version 0.63.149525 which was released a few weeks ago.  With this, you can play on any server that matches that version number (most of the Community Tab atm)
  3. As marcheur said, opt out of Experimental, wait until 1.0 releases at 7:00pm CET today and then it will become available to download as the new stable branch
  • Like 1

The 1.0 update will launch on Thursday, December 13th at 19:00 CET.