rolo989

Fuzzy/Grainy night time after recent update

I know this game is in "Game Preview," so I've refrained from complaining at all when issues arise after updates. However, I've seen this issue being brought up several times by players, but it's hardly been addressed with a real answer.

Regarding the fuzzy/grainy night time after recent update... I realize the intent for implementing these gamma abuse settings, but the recent update has caused my screen to go fuzzy despite my TV settings not being adjusted to any high level of brightness. Prior to the update, my screen was nearly pitch black at night times, so clearly I didn't have my TV settings heightened to "abuse" the gamma. Most developer responses on Twitter and in the forums haven't acknowledged the possibility of this being corrected, rather their only solution offered is to adjust your TV settings. I don't feel like I should have to adjust my overall TV settings (which I happened to like very much for watching TV and playing any other games on Xbox) to resolve this issue every time I want to play this game and it turns to night time. If prior to the update my screen was virtually black at night time, then how is it possible that my settings are at a level considered abusive? This isn't a "me" or "my TV" problem.

It's been nearly a week now since this update, and not one acknowledgement from developers of this issue and their willingness to work on it to get it right. I just want to know if this is something being considered, or if this is what to expect of night time moving forward. Thank you.

• Thanks 2

Yeah seems like the devs don't pay attention to what we are saying.
Would be nice to get a " We have addressed this issue and are working on fixing the night mode, we are aware it is grainy and unplayable for most players".  God damn im good you should hire me.

I can't even play night mode anymore, you literally can't see anything and its just dumb.... i just log out and join another server.  I never knew people go blind at night...

• Like 1

Nights pretty dark. To be fair though, it lasts five minutes. Time to sit back, light a fire, throw some chicken on and sort your pockets out. I also use that time to think about where I'm heading next. Before you know it the sun is up. 

Night time is around 10 minutes currently (give or take). I'm sure, looking at the other threads on this forum that the devs are well aware of this issue. It will be sorted in due course. I always find a cosey house to hide out in and sort through my inventory, before you know it the sun is coming up again. It's annoying, but bearable.