nhow7108

Modded servers on xbox

Any chance in the far future forr modded servers? Mods are a thing in some xbox games so it wouldnt be a huge stretch. They would need to somehow allow server tools and a variety of pre fabricated and approved/validated to be safe (like fallout 4 and skyrim) mods in the game. You could also go about it by doing approved mods on the PC and implementing them to an xbox server. Also in ARK survival, you can dedicate an extra xbox that you might have to be a server. Maybe something like that in dayz?

Edited by nhow7108

Maybe it’ll be an option once private servers are implemented on Xbox.

Time will tell.

Mods on an originally modded game hehehe gets me everytime. Would love to see mods come to Xbox as well, are private servers confirmed or denied? I haven't invested the time credits into researching this.

3 hours ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

Mods on an originally modded game hehehe gets me everytime. Would love to see mods come to Xbox as well, are private servers confirmed or denied? I haven't invested the time credits into researching this.

Nothing solid yet. Its really not in their to do list right now. It will probably happen sometime after full release.

They may test some server settings. I already saw some servers in the list that were locked and relative small ( most of them were a 20 slot server ). They were named. Some were just eewrr etc, but one was q&a so i assume they named them to find the test server quickly.

The q&a team is maybe just reproducing bugs to get them fixed and stuff like that, but tbh, idk.

It shouldnt be too hard to modify some options for servers, however tho, mods are a completly different thing and i think, till ms doesnt do a steam workshop kinda thing, its harder for the devs ( because then, it have to run everything by the devs itself like with farming simulator, fallout etc ).

We will see how it goes.

I remember reading about a dedicated mod section coming to Xbox think it's called Xbox Community Content or something like that!

I wouldn't be surprised to see it announced with the next Xbox and I'd imagine a lot of Devs will support it so hopefully platform wide modding is on the way.

In regards to Dayz I'd be cautiously optimistic we'll see modded servers one day but probably not for a couple of years.

I'll try and dig up the article I read and post a link.