Kolten Barnum

Constant crashez(can't even play)/inventory crashes?

I'm a newb to dayz. I've been watching videos, and watching streamers stream, of dayz, for months now. I was and am still so excited to play, but I cant, because it crashes literally constantly. Every time I open the inventory it crashes, within 10 seconds. And obviously the inventory is essential to being able to play this game and enjoy it. So idk I just want to be able to play the game. I spent $40 on something that has been totally useless, and frustrating. Needless to say I'm pretty bummed as of now, and I'm just wondering if this is a common issue or if it's just my xbox? Non of my other games crash ever, and I play BFV and red dead redemption, games that outweigh day z in data, by like 10×. So Idk I'm just confused and frustrated and hope this is a fixable issue, and I'm not just getting ripped off.

Anyone else having this issue?

4 hours ago, Kolten Barnum said:

I'm a newb to dayz. I've been watching videos, and watching streamers stream, of dayz, for months now. I was and am still so excited to play, but I cant, because it crashes literally constantly. Every time I open the inventory it crashes, within 10 seconds. And obviously the inventory is essential to being able to play this game and enjoy it. So idk I just want to be able to play the game. I spent $40 on something that has been totally useless, and frustrating. Needless to say I'm pretty bummed as of now, and I'm just wondering if this is a common issue or if it's just my xbox? Non of my other games crash ever, and I play BFV and red dead redemption, games that outweigh day z in data, by like 10×. So Idk I'm just confused and frustrated and hope this is a fixable issue, and I'm not just getting ripped off.

Anyone else having this issue?

I know some items like the shotgun for example are causing inventory crashes.

If you got a shotgun, drop it.

I think the shotgun got fixed because I've been running with one without any issues. I ditched it to make space for an M4 eventually but it seems OK at the moment. 

Try not to have too many items in your inventory. Use protective cases and waterproof bags to reduce the number of icons showing when in the inventory.

Yeah, I heard it had been fixed so picked one up and it caused a couple of crashes so I dropped it again.