Eadaif2

tent disappeared

It was approaching nighttime on my server, so I lit a fire next to my tent (but definitely a safe distance away), watched it for awhile, then logged off. I logged back on about an hour later and it was dark, groping around in the dark I couldn't find anything, so logged back off. Again logged on an hour later and daylight was breaking. My tent was gone! No trace of the fire I had lit either, I assume a server reset. This is not an accelerated time server, and it is public. I logged back out to verify I was in the right server, yep, tent gone. Wtf? This was in the middle of nowhere, well hidden by trees, there's no way anybody could have found it that fast, I had just placed it an hour prior to my first logout.

It's still a beta. Tents and bases tend to disappear because they still need more work.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

It's still a beta. Tents and bases tend to disappear because they still need more work.

Isn’t it funny how persistence was almost perfect before base building and then they ruined it just in time for “beta” ? Oh but that’s ok cuz beta is for fixing things ... but wait we still have so much more to add ... so basically they are forcing all these fixes , new content and fixes on all the broken new content , in less than two months to appease the ridiculously loud minority of Xbox players.

If any of you were here for the entire ride you would realize how ridiculous this is , and how poor of a move it was to rush this beta out . We should still be in alpha for fucks sake (that’s based off of the current state of the game - where it ACTUALLY IS - and not where the out of touch devs think it is, and it’s certainly not at the state in which all these fbs think it’s at).

This game is a mess compared to its former builds - sure we have some new content but half of the old content is broken and half of the new content we won’t even get until “post 1.0” . What a terrible way to manage a game , and after 3+ years of managing expectations and development time so well they give us this shit show ?

Its just such a kick in the nuts to all of us that were here since day one is all - but of course those obsessed with the game and it’s devs won’t care , and they almost rule these forums cuz no one with a brain cares to chime in - it’s all just the same old bullshit with this community - “ if you don’t like it , Just go ahead and shut the hell up “ - is the dayz dev and fans motto .

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes

28 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I used to use barrels all the time in alpha, they never disappeared. I'll experiment with them in beta before I put anything valuable in them.

29 minutes ago, Eadaif2 said:

I used to use barrels all the time in alpha, they never disappeared. I'll experiment with them in beta before I put anything valuable in them.

I made a fire barrel a few days ago. It was gone the next day when I logged in. Don't expect anything to be persistent except for your character until the game is out of beta.

hope mine hasnt gone away on xb1. Had it since the update.

Edited by SurSlaughter

The server setup comes into play here I would bet.  I downloaded the server files and I have a server running here on my laptop (so, I have client and server on the same machine) and I've had a tent setup in the woods for more than 48 hours now and it has all kinds of loot in it and it's all still there.  My fireplace did vanish though and its replacement bugged, so I've built 3 of them now  and have a ruined axe and hatchet, so more looting to do!

It seems that some servers are wiping on restart while others aren't -- I haven't really been restarting in any official way -- I just taskkill the server .exe file and then start it up again with the batch file.  Doing it that way, so far anyway, no wipes and I have a script that restarts it like that every 2 hours, so I've restarted it probably a dozen times at least already.