PEACE_543

You were kicked off the game. (Database connection timeout)

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

So you ARE saying that BI  ITSELF hires and pays for ALL the server space to load ALL the instances of DayZ for Xbox. 
That's a BIG change of policy from DayZ on PC, where BI hired NONE of the server space to run DayZ for PC.

is that easy to understand ?

- that's a hell of a lot of instances of DayZ for Xbox - can you estimate how many BI are running AT their OWN EXPENSE right now, worldwide?

- they ain't EVER done that before.

OK, now I said it all twice - if you're interested, try to keep up.

Frankly I'm not THAT interested myself - I think the focus is obvious, the indications are scattered around the blog and between the lines of the Dev notes. You only have to look, AND understand that kind of stuff.  BI has changed considerably in 5 years, in scope, style and direction. I guess they have serious forward planning, right? - like any company?

How many Xbox DayZ game-instances are BI running at their own expense, worldwide?

xxP

Wow try to 'keep up' , you are single handedly one of the rudest individuals with the largest undeserved ego I've ever witnessed on a forum. Maybe you should return to the PC section where such behaviour maybe appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Maybe you should return to the PC section where such behaviour maybe appreciated. 

Thanks for your input. 
Your overview on BI console strategy is not cogent
IMO

Edited by pilgrim*

9 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Thanks for your input. 
Your overview on BI console strategy is not cogent
IMO

Somebodies PD as f*ck lol, I dont even know what your waffling on about. Your more passive aggressive than my previous four girlfriends combined lmao. I'm outy sh*t got weird on this thread when the PC master race turned up.

1 minute ago, TheYetiBum said:

Somebodies PD as f*ck lol, I dont even know what your waffling on about. Your more passive aggressive than my previous four girlfriends combined lmao. I'm outy sh*t got weird on this thread when the PC master race turned up.

Try not to lose your bottle mate, remember you're in public.  If you have something you think is useful or interesting to say about BI policy -  just say it.  That's what this Forum is for. Right? 

Can you suggest why BI is investing so much money hiring SO MANY servers WORLDWIDE  for Xbox DayZ  at their own expense (if this is the case) ?  - This is a move they ABSOLUTELY DID NOT make through the whole history of PC DayZ SA.  It is unprecedented in the history of BI, and it could arise as I have suggested above here and during other discussions in the Blog.
A while back I did a breakdown of the corporate finances & structures  of the Game SPs that BI had franchised to sell ready installed PC DayZ SA instances to the public. (this is public domain info). I guess you can find that breakdown in the blog if you are interested. The SPs have a front page to impress gamers, but behind that they are usually (but not all) very small organizations (surprisingly small ! ) of only a few people - between 3 -15 individuals including shareholders.  This is still not generally known by gamers. Perhaps it is partly the reason BI is rethinking their strategy? 

Either way - if BI has hired, out-of-pocket, even a couple of hundred servers across the planet to install and update DZ Xbox, then they have a specific objective plus team running that - agreed?  They are not doing it by mistake.  It's not an initiative off-the-cuff by one person who hangs out by the coffee machine.  

Enjoy

On 12/1/2018 at 2:10 AM, SurSlaughter said:

Again, this post is not related to the issues in this thread.

Late response on this my guy, but it definitely was in correlation with this thread at the time. The picture depicts a downed survivor (console servers) and a couple of other survivors which could either be: 1. determining best route to give aide, or 2. loot that man's socks.

At the time, with the servers crashing a few hours after this picture was used for the planned update which was scheduled to happen later in the day. The update report mentioned that they would be focused on releasing 1.0 for PC, and we would likely not hear much from them regarding consoles throughout the month of December.

In conclusion, at the time of my post I felt as if they might have known the servers would be down, used a picture to symbolize it, and a fair hidden warning that we would be in the dark for awhile. So again, what a ironic pic to use for that briefing, eh? We were dying. And, it appears they chose to provide CPR, providing Saturday maintenance for the horrible crash of Blackedout Friday. 

Good'ay n cheers for the new year, love.