orb917@hotmail.com

"Rocket Said..." post resurrected *updated 8/8*

Added thread to the top so I could remove that one from the sticky and replace it with this one.

Stickied and closed for discussion. OP can still edit as he sees fit. If you can't edit for some reason because the topic is closed, PM me so I can reopen it.

EDIT: Reopened thread to allow OP to edit. Forum moderation of this thread still applies.

• Like 3

They all work for me.

they should be all working now. those guys posted shortly after the forums transitioned to their new format. if anyone does happen upon any that are not working or mislabelled, do let me know please.

• Like 1

Has rocket said anything about Arma 3 and DayZ? Just saw a thread where everyone is saying that Rocket said they are already porting the mod into Arma 3, but I didn't read anything official.

off the top of my head i cannot recall any direct quotes from him stating explicitly that it will be built on arma 3/RV 4. that doesn't mean he hasn't said it however.

i am pretty sure that he's been contracted by BI to work on arma 3, and he has said:

Has a hard on for Arma engine

so it seems pretty likely.

side note, thanks for asking this, brought to my attention that i had a link error in my post.

• Like 1

Holy shitballs on a stick, i can't even begin to imagine the amount of work you put in to create this. +Kudos

• Like 3

Holy shitballs on a stick, i can't even begin to imagine the amount of work you put in to create this. +Kudos

wasn't so bad, lots of skimming for a couple hours here and there. all worth it if people have found it useful, which i assume they have based on beans given and # of views.

hard saying at this point. probably somewhere between 6-8 hours spread out over many days, and while watching tv and/or chatting.

I went to the trouble of transcribing what Rocket said in his Machinima livestream about private servers/hives since its a controversial topic.

"... recommend at the moment to do private servers for the live streams. And that actually brings up a good issue because a lot of people have been asking for the ability to create private servers or separate hives and things like that. And I think that's something we need to seriously think about as well going forward, um... you know I wanted to keep it like it is at the moment to get the message out there, to say: "This is a multiplayer game!", to the people we could use for financing and things like that. If they saw that the idea could be taken as a single-player game then they would have gone for that. So what we've done here is we've, you know the gamers have spoken and said "we wanna see more of this", so... we don't have to worry about that so much. So I think that we can probably come to some solution here and in the short term that would help with the hacking".

• Like 1

I went to the trouble of transcribing what Rocket said in his Machinima livestream about private servers/hives since its a controversial topic.

"... recommend at the moment to do private servers for the live streams. And that actually brings up a good issue because a lot of people have been asking for the ability to create private servers or separate hives and things like that. And I think that's something we need to seriously think about as well going forward, um... you know I wanted to keep it like it is at the moment to get the message out there, to say: "This is a multiplayer game!", to the people we could use for financing and things like that. If they saw that the idea could be taken as a single-player game then they would have gone for that. So what we've done here is we've, you know the gamers have spoken and said "we wanna see more of this", so... we don't have to worry about that so much. So I think that we can probably come to some solution here and in the short term that would help with the hacking".

yeah seems he's reconfigured his stance on private servers. probably a good thing what with all the hacking issues recently. if it switches over to that format i'm curious to see what happens to things like the medics and traders.

impressive and creepy stalkers skills you have, good job atleast

i'm less concerned with stalking rocket, and more concerned with making information about the game and its potential future more easily accessible to the community, and thanks!

Hey, nice thread. I appreciate that you took the time to put this all together. I think it may be time to do a little cleaning up though. Some of the links contain outdated information, for example in this thread

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1154-gau-12/#entry12289

Rocket says it's not ok to have hacked weapons in your inventory and that you will be banned for it, then later in this thread he says the exact opposite

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46844-hackers/#entry446536

So as you can see some of the info is outdated in these posts. I just happened to see this earlier when having a discussion on the boards about hacked weapons. I know it's probably a huge pain to keep this post maintained but it could use a little love if you get the time.

• Like 1

Hey, nice thread. I appreciate that you took the time to put this all together. I think it may be time to do a little cleaning up though. Some of the links contain outdated information, for example in this thread

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1154-gau-12/#entry12289

Rocket says it's not ok to have hacked weapons in your inventory and that you will be banned for it, then later in this thread he says the exact opposite

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46844-hackers/#entry446536

So as you can see some of the info is outdated in these posts. I just happened to see this earlier when having a discussion on the boards about hacked weapons. I know it's probably a huge pain to keep this post maintained but it could use a little love if you get the time.

yeah it's changed quite a bit over time, i tried to cover that in the bold and italic disclaimer text but it's prolly tl;dr for most people. i wanted to get up to date on quotes first. formatting and tidying are next. any help, such as the examples you provided are much appreciated. post updated with obsolete quote deleted, thanks for the feedback!

Edited by p1n34l
  • Like 1

Hoping to see more info on Dayz standalone, at this point i can barely stand the mod, im not going to blame devs, not even the players. Its an alpha and its to be expected, but the standalone rocket hoped would be released in october, but realistically it could be until the end of the year. Even so, thats a very very short ways away but i havent seen much aside from a couple of interviews explaining parallels between it and minecraft along with other details like pricing with a few screenshots.

I guess what im trien to say is i want to see and hear more about its development and maybe a video or 2 of gameplay from the work in progress standalone.

I suppose creating a standalone game is hard work, and Rocket might actually have a social life.

Coders rule of life: Never set deadlines you cannot make. It just creates false hope.

my mate reckons he spoke to a fella dahn the pub whos brother knows this bloke what done electrical repairs for some woman what used to go out with Mareks (BI Boss's) cousins girlfriends uncle who reckons that Rocket told im that the standalone is going to be released before christmas 2013 and will be like the mod only betterer.

edit - do i win some beans?

Edited by Rastamaus

Rockets posts are always good to read as he often posts names of good books, games & films hes encountered.

So far have all been top notch