H3x fenrir

Player bases

Why even give us the ability to build bases if a-holes can ghost right in and take our stuff.

Why build bases near a-holes that can see your stuff? 

1 hour ago, NE75 said:

Why build bases near a-holes that can see your stuff? 

I think what he is referring to is that once you build your base and secure it with a lock or whatever they will have to do that with (I think pc has combination locks or something) there is nothing stopping anyone from server hopping directly into your base. Not sure if there's a solution for this, there's definitely alot of suggestions out there for this issue. Me for one will be scouting other peoples bases out more than building them, have you seen how long it takes?! Could be a fun project down the road to build an elaborate base but takes a ton of material and time from the looks of it!

4 hours ago, H3x fenrir said:

Yea my point is theirs no point in them and no word on how their gonna fix it 

Well, I wouldn't go as far to say there's no point in them, but as far as keeping your loot safe.... I wouldn't lol.... I'm still learning a lot about this feature so just some advice for you and anyone else reading this that's new here, hop over to the PC side of the forum and search base building. There's ton of good reads about base building and what we can and can't expect on Xbox.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, H3x fenrir said:

Why even give us the ability to build bases if a-holes can ghost right in and take our stuff.

I'm not sure exactly how you expect them to fix it. Ghosting is always going to be an issue in dayz. The only solution is to have lockable safes on your base to keep gear in. 

It's also worth watching Deadly Slobs dayz survival series. He tracks down some barrels and finds some good hiding places for them. 

I personally don't think it's that big a deal. I just think it's funny that people scream out for more content and then when it arrives they moan about it. Everyone's a critic! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, H3x fenrir said:

Iv not asked for more content iv asked for them to fix things before releasing it 

Yes I understand your point is for them to “fix” ghosting, I just don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon. From what I have researched, this has been a problem with base building in Dayz since its inception on PC 0.61. I think the biggest problem that can’t or won’t be fixed is when you leave the game it saves your exact location right? Yes. Unless they somehow fix or change where you spawn back in game after leaving then ghosting is going to be a constant issue. There is a lot of suggestions from the community on how to address this issue but with zero feedback from developers, it doesn’t seem like anything is going to be done anytime soon. But even minus the ghosting into bases issue, there’s a lot more issues with base building. There are several discussion threads about base building, advantages, disadvantages, ect on this forum, this being a few of the things mentioned:

Nobody can "own" a base other than being online 24/7 or having friends to defend it 24/7

Bases and barrels seem to de-spawn approx. every 3 days or so.

Bases are no different from gameplay around any standard military structure already a part of the core map other than they can be destroyed in seconds. They are fragile sandcastles to kick over, and nothing more.

The amount of material and time it takes to build a base just to have someone stroll along and destroy it in mere minutes or seconds on a public server seems silly to me but lots have fun doing it.

The only thing I could imagine any sort of current base building to be viable would be a temporary small base, that will give a loot stash advantage or maybe a vantage point somewhere on the map. Possibly barricading existing structures on the map or accessing rooftops that you don’t normally have access too.

The modding community will definitely be able to add more value when it comes to actual bases that have a use, right now there is just no meaning to it and no word on any fixing of the issues anytime soon.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx

It would be nice if BI could implement an algorithm that detects if a players base is where you are going to spawn in, then it just shifts your spawn location nearby.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nayte said:

It would be nice if BI could implement an algorithm that detects if a players base is where you are going to spawn in, then it just shifts your spawn location nearby.

Agreed, or even have every spawn in, be a slightly different location like .25 km away from last know location. There's a ton of good ideas that I'm sure could be implemented and I do think a fix is most likely possible, BUT it seems to me the current way of leaving game and returning to game in the exact location is a "core" part of their game code that was most likely implemented very early on in the development, so with that and game development in general, you usually can't just change something without other corresponding issues popping up. It could cause so many issues it crashes the game and then it leaves them with needing to fix more issues which they haven't allotted time or resources for. I'm kind of surprised there has been zero feedback from the devs but maybe they don't have the answers to our questions..

53 minutes ago, H3x fenrir said:

They could server lock characters. 

I like the idea of server locked characters. This works pretty well in Ark, be interesting to see if it would work for dayz. I suppose there is always the danger you might end up with a character stuck in an empty server. 

The other idea for randomly spawning within an area close to your log out location is probably a simpler method though I don't know how simple it is in terms of coding. I could also imagine some funny respawns in strange places! 

It's just one of them things init.

At the end of the day it's night, you can't change that! All you can do is wait until the next day, what happens inbetween is the adventure good or bad.

I keep saying this and it's probably getting old. It's a game to be enjoyed, that's it, if you don't enjoy don't play it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The other idea for randomly spawning within an area close to your log out location is probably a simpler method though I don't know how simple it is in terms of coding. I could also imagine some funny respawns in strange places!

That's what I was trying to touch on, coding wise it may be quite difficult mainly because you wouldn't want the game spawning you halfway in a wall or tree then your stuck or say you left the server on the roof of a building and then respawn in the adjacent field but still at the same height. Bye bye character after that fall lol. I'm no coder and I have no idea how game development works for fixing issues like this one but it appears to have alot of variables.

1 hour ago, xzDIABLOzx said:

That's what I was trying to touch on, coding wise it may be quite difficult mainly because you wouldn't want the game spawning you halfway in a wall or tree then your stuck or say you left the server on the roof of a building and then respawn in the adjacent field but still at the same height. Bye bye character after that fall lol. I'm no coder and I have no idea how game development works for fixing issues like this one but it appears to have alot of variables.

Lol yeah. I remember playing Ark once and I was flying a pteranodon when the game crashed. Reloaded me in the air minus the pteranodon. It was a long fall! 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, xzDIABLOzx said:

I think what he is referring to is that once you build your base and secure it with a lock or whatever they will have to do that with (I think pc has combination locks or something) there is nothing stopping anyone from server hopping directly into your base. Not sure if there's a solution for this, there's definitely alot of suggestions out there for this issue. Me for one will be scouting other peoples bases out more than building them, have you seen how long it takes?! Could be a fun project down the road to build an elaborate base but takes a ton of material and time from the looks of it!

So you're saying you're going to cheat right along with the rest of the bad apples?

8 hours ago, Wolf1776 said:

So you're saying you're going to cheat right along with the rest of the bad apples?

If by cheat you mean ghosting or server hopping into another persons base, you don't really have to since bases take like seconds to tear down. The loot someone could possible keep in their base doesn't interest me tbh, I enjoy getting my own gear either from random spawn or pvp. BUT I am an opportunist so if someone had a base with loot and I just happened to come apon it, I may or may not take a look depending on my loadout and current survival status. I said I was going to enjoy scouting out others bases more than building them.