Sign in to follow this  
NachoNinjaGnome

Melee Animation Need Redone

One of the biggest issues with the melee system right now, apart from the zombies teleporting all around and hit registration being iffy, is the melee animation.  When I start swinging my axe at a zombie, my character starts stumbling all over the place as if he has never swung anything, ever.  I don't know whose idea it was to stagger characters all over the place during melee, but it would be nice to given back, at least, some degree of control over our character's movements.  If my character moves forward, backward, or sideways during melee, I want it to be because I pressed the respective button to tell him to do so.   There's absolutely no reason for these character to lose their balance with every swing like they're playing drunken baseball.

I don’t believe we should nitpick this just yet .

My idea here is that a soft skill will eventually be put in that deals with the efficiency of swinging melee weapons and dealing damage with them . I think someone who masters the “melee soft skill” should be rewarded with more fluid animations and no animation locks - a person with NO melee soft skill however would swing like we do currently and not have much control over the stance lock while attacking.

The devs can actually make this wonky animation work if they properly introduce a melee soft skill , making the user much more fluid and efficient at melee attacks when “leveled up” in this particular skill. 

The zombies going through you while attacking you is bullshit and needs fixing though . 

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes