Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

Is armor worth it nowadays?

Can anyone confirm or deny whether wearing a helmet and plate carrier serves a purpose nowadays? I am thinking it's not worth becoming a slug for - 14kg combined is quite much.

Helmet, Probably..

I often wear anti-stab.. They seem to act the same as press or ballistic.. I could be wrong but it's less than 4kg..

Armor is not worth it. 

The reason is because you can shoot people in the back with a Mosin Nagant and then hit them half a dozen times with 9mm pistol rounds and they still possess the vitality to either return fire or simply flee to safety when they aren't wearing armor, so why bother bogging yourself down with a completely redundant layer of protection?

Found this video, apparently it's pretty damn tanky.  After 3 AKM hits to the chest his health was only in the red.

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Found this video, apparently it's pretty damn tanky.  After 3 AKM hits to the chest his health was only in the red.

Hmm interesting , I wonder if legit full body armor like we see in tarkov would be implemented eventually - adding even more protection for raids on enemy bases .

Need me some fort armor for the next raid on neighbees base ;) !

Edited by PandahFistophacleezeSykes