Sign in to follow this  
Hornet58

Kill log

Since the update yesterday Server Admin logs show absolutely nothing of any value at all, it just shows a long ID number that is not BE UID or Steam64 when someone connects/disconnects and it no longer shows any kills/deaths at all, is this an update???

where are the server logs suppose to be located?? what folder?? whats the file name?? i see nothing.. im trying to run a PVE server.. ended up having to ban several that was beating on my buddy, we couldnt tell who it was

Edited by Quake Rocks

52 minutes ago, Quake Rocks said:

where are the server logs suppose to be located?? what folder?? whats the file name?? i see nothing.. im trying to run a PVE server.. ended up having to ban several that was beating on my buddy, we couldnt tell who it was

You set your logfile directory via the -profiles launch parameter. For adminlogs to be enabled you need to add -adminlog aswell. The adminlogs are being written in %yourprofilespath%\DayZServer_x64.ADM

9 minutes ago, philippj said:

You set your logfile directory via the -profiles launch parameter. For adminlogs to be enabled you need to add -adminlog aswell. The adminlogs are being written in %yourprofilespath%\DayZServer_x64.ADM

Yes i have all that and prior to the update yesterday the Admin logs showed player kills/deaths albeit listed with the useless long number but at least it logged them, now it just shows survivor52 or whatever joined/disconnected and nothing else??

Just now, Dongleberry said:

Yes i have all that and prior to the update yesterday the Admin logs showed player kills/deaths albeit listed with the useless long number but at least it logged them, now it just shows survivor52 or whatever joined/disconnected and nothing else??

I guess they removed their kill logs but you can easily re-implement them.

The ID is the BohemiaInteractive UID => Base64(Sha256(SteamID64)) and there are tools to reverse those.

1 hour ago, philippj said:

The ID is the BohemiaInteractive UID => Base64(Sha256(SteamID64)) and there are tools to reverse those.

Basically need the ability to actually list player deaths in the logs (How that has been broken is beyond me) and also to list their BE GUID and/or Steam64 number, on 0.62 at least it did all that and listed the weapon that killed the player.

The fact that no longer works is ridiculous, and now they have released the so called "Beta" yet most of what they claim to have added simply isn't there or appearing, players unable to find planks, nails and other bits needed to craft.

1 hour ago, Quake Rocks said:

is it -profile or -profiles

-profiles

1 hour ago, Quake Rocks said:

how do we reimplement the kill logs?

Go into your scripts directory and add a adminlog message in your PlayerBase under EEKilled 

38 minutes ago, Dongleberry said:

Basically need the ability to actually list player deaths in the logs (How that has been broken is beyond me) and also to list their BE GUID and/or Steam64 number, on 0.62 at least it did all that and listed the weapon that killed the player.

The fact that no longer works is ridiculous, and now they have released the so called "Beta" yet most of what they claim to have added simply isn't there or appearing, players unable to find planks, nails and other bits needed to craft.

I think they switched to the BohemiaInteractive UID as their main identifier to implement into their own system. With a complete new engine being released their web stuff completely restructured that actually makes sense. 

Planks Nails and stuff is all available and spawning on my testing server.

Go into your scripts directory and add a adminlog message in your PlayerBase under EEKilled 

how to do it?

9 hours ago, kalitke said:

how to do it?

As Kalitke said.... how? can anyone here be kind enough to explain exactly what this adminlog message is, and where to put it, i cannot find a file called PlayerBase and if i did would i just type adminlog and place it under a section called EEKilled?

I'm sure a lot of people are reading this message and laughing and probably thinking how can he not know that? believe it or not i do not, that is why i am asking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

So glad i signed up to these forums for all the help they provide.

Edited by Dongleberry

Firstly thank you for the reply, nobody else had and this is Bohemia forums, i also assumed Bohemia would fix the problem at some point but that seem's unlikely now.

i don't have the coding knowledge,  i am still struggling just to get admin logs that show killed/killer i was hoping to find some smart person who knows what they are doing and i would be able to copy/paste a working code into my files and finally be able to see killers and those who were killed in the admin logs, i have no mods installed and have no plans to add any as it is likely beyond me :P

I haven't changed anything other than what i have to to get a server online and running (IP, port etc) nothing special just a vanilla install.

why does this no longer work without having to know how to code to fix it?

One would think, detailed logs would be necessary to keep hackers and cheaters away...

This can't be what BIstudios want. (I hope)

On 07.11.2018 at 9:49 PM, philippj said:

i am test this, not worked. Can you descibe how this can be work?

5 hours ago, AXEL777 said:

i am test this, not worked. Can you descibe how this can be work?

You generate BI UIDs for all SteamIDs currently in use and save them in a database. If you want to reverse one you simply look it up. 

My complete <SteamID, BI UID, BE GUID> database has around 1.3 billion entries and is around 400gb in size. Takes ~0.3s to query.

19 hours ago, philippj said:

You generate BI UIDs for all SteamIDs currently in use and save them in a database. If you want to reverse one you simply look it up. 

My complete <SteamID, BI UID, BE GUID> database has around 1.3 billion entries and is around 400gb in size. Takes ~0.3s to query.

sorry, but i am don't understand, how get BI UID form steamID?

Just now, AXEL777 said:

sorry, but i am don't understand, how get BI UID form steamID?

Base64(Sha256(SteamID64)) 

15 minutes ago, philippj said:

Base64(Sha256(SteamID64)) 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/777-alex-777/
steamID STEAM_0:1:28950764
steamID3 [U:1:57901529]
steamID64 76561198018167257
coded Sha256 = Sha256 from steamID64 = 3b76a9eb48dbec7729e6e931722c27580e1929441f6e1a8bd80be774cee2b37d
 coded Base64 = Base64 from (coded Sha256) = M2I3NmE5ZWI0OGRiZWM3NzI5ZTZlOTMxNzIyYzI3NTgwZTE5Mjk0NDFmNmUxYThiZDgwYmU3NzRjZWUyYjM3ZA==
19:23:57 Player Survivor connected (id=O3ap60jb7Hcp5ukxciwnWA4ZKUQfbhqL2AvndM7is30=).

not equals info

Edited by AXEL777