};

• Like 1

On 03/11/2018 at 1:53 PM, -Gews- said:

Edit config in gear_radio.pbo.

class PersonalRadio : Transmitter_Base {
inputRange = 8;
range = 5000;
};

What would you suggest the best program to edit the config.bin? Looking at google people have suggested hex editors or powerISO? 

2 hours ago, Fester808 said:

What would you suggest the best program to edit the config.bin? Looking at google people have suggested hex editors or powerISO? 

If I was making a mod and had a config.bin I wanted to make changes to, I'd unrap it to config.cpp, edit that, and repack as config.bin.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, -Gews- said:

Edit config in gear_radio.pbo.

class PersonalRadio : Transmitter_Base {
inputRange = 8;
range = 5000;
};

Thanks man! I changed the range to 13,000 just so the outer baronies would get radio silence. I thought the white noise was related to distance, not sure on that yet. Got more testing to do. Presumably the inputRange is how close you need to be to the radio for it to transmit.

3 hours ago, Fester808 said:

I've been using Eliteness.3.53.6.35.Installer.exe which can be found here: https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/FileBrowserFree

You'll also need to download and install the DePbo.6.44.0.16.Installer.exe as well for Eliteness to work. Saving is a bitch. Make sure you save to a new file (or not? can't remember), close out and reopen. If you get the \, you did it wrong. Let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

On 06/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Thanks man! I changed the range to 13,000 just so the outer baronies would get radio silence. I thought the white noise was related to distance, not sure on that yet. Got more testing to do. Presumably the inputRange is how close you need to be to the radio for it to transmit.

I've been using Eliteness.3.53.6.35.Installer.exe which can be found here: https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/FileBrowserFree

You'll also need to download and install the DePbo.6.44.0.16.Installer.exe as well for Eliteness to work. Saving is a bitch. Make sure you save to a new file (or not? can't remember), close out and reopen. If you get the \, you did it wrong. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the detailed response.

Do you have a discord or a way to upload your modified pbo? Perhaps GitHub? I’m having a bit of issues with it.

5 hours ago, Fester808 said:

Thanks for the detailed response.

Do you have a discord or a way to upload your modified pbo? Perhaps GitHub? I’m having a bit of issues with it.

What seems to be your problem?

I forgot to mention to save it you need to hit the lock button (Rapify?). The buggy thing is renaming the file, I was just naming it config and it wasn't showing my work after reopening it. It literally has to be typed as config.bin or the save won't take.

I used PBO Manager to repack the .pbo. Once it's repacked, open the .pbo with PBO Manager and hit the lock button and it'll ask to Apply the Checksum, hit apply and thats it...ready to upload.