Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

Survival server....

OK, so we know what we will have in game for next six to eight months. We can cry all we want - devs wont do nothing about it.

But we can also see there are already varius mods emerging even before BETA.

What are chances that someone  actually hosts moded server with more guns, vehicles, 10 times more infected (I will always call them zeds) and all the stuff we want? So base building acctually make sence (Build a base so you can do horticilture, colour your pelts (@IMT), repair your car in peace without having to fight off zeds all the time). Or servers will be just PVP/150 cars/spawn with M4+450rounds shitmatch?

I played hundreds of hours in Dayz mods and Exile, and few servers that actualy were more survival (without traders, with advanced crafting and repairing) were mostly empty and soon shut down.

My plan is to keep my server as close to vanilla as possible. I don't want to use any crazy mods. I'll be looking to increase the zedz and make other changes that will make it more challenging. I hate high loot, spawn with a gun type servers.

I hope they will come up with a filter to weed out the pure pvp/deathmatch servers.  Otherwise, the good servers will get buried by the thousands of non survival servers

There is a server called Core, that has been trying to get that nice gritty survival feel lately through mods.  But there is only so much that can be done without more of the "flavor features" implemented so far.

• Beans 2

On 10/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, GrossKopfZed said:

My plan is to keep my server as close to vanilla as possible. I don't want to use any crazy mods. I'll be looking to increase the zedz and make other changes that will make it more challenging. I hate high loot, spawn with a gun type servers.

I have to check out your server. Right up my alley.