Sign in to follow this  
Major Plums

Headshot Zombies

So having played the game for a few weeks now I noticed last night you don’t have to headshot a zombie to send it down. A shot to the chest will end it, but some require a couple to end their sorry shuffling. Any ideas why some are tougher than others? Will headshots be implemented in the future? Just seems a bit easy at this point...

I’ve found this too. Maybe they have the same vital areas/hp as a player has?

id like it if every dead players body became a zombie after a bit of time, some carrying backpacks with an item or 2, not necessarily what the player had when they died but something even if it was badly damaged. 

• Like 3

DayZ has no magical zombies (destroying the brain is the only way to kill them) as you know them from places like The Walking Dead and such.

The "Zombies" are usually called "Infected" and take damage as you would expect an human being would (at least similar to it) . if you shoot their head, they instantly die. if you shoot their body, they might take a few shots, depending on the caliber and the place you hit. I'm not sure if they got the same hitzones (eg. heart) as players do, but i think they might have.

but i think you are right, the die to easily. they don't even bleed or go unconscious like players do. i can simply punch them to death with a few hits to the head.

• Like 2

Some zeds / infected / zombies (whatever you like to call them) are tougher than others. Ones wearing military, police or firefighter clothing can take more punishment than say farmers or city civilians. It isn't as noticeable with firearms, but it tends to be more noticeable with melee weapons. I don't know if any of them cause more damage to players than others do though, as I haven't experimented with that or heard anything about it.

6 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

id like it if every dead players body became a zombie after a bit of time, some carrying backpacks with an item or 2, not necessarily what the player had when they died but something even if it was badly damaged. 

That would be sooo cool! Like the survivalists in L4D 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

1 hour ago, Major Plums said:

That would be sooo cool! Like the survivalists in L4D 

When they implement broken legs for players, it'd be awesome if they did the same for zeds... I'd be capping them in the knees and watching them crawl! xD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

When they implement broken legs for players, it'd be awesome if they did the same for zeds... I'd be capping them in the knees and watching them crawl! xD

Brings back stressful memories of original cod world at war zombies

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone
  • Like 2