Baroni88

Unable to resume play after restarting console

(Tried searching and couldn't find related topic)

I would quit to the main DayZ menu (not completely quitting DayZ) and then I would turn my console off. Next time I get on and turn on DayZ I would be back in the main DayZ menu. When I try to start up a server though, it will not respond and the server doesn't load. I would need to restart the game to then be able to play. I know it seems petty but it's annoying and thought I would share. Probably is in a topic somewhere but not sure how to find that.

19 minutes ago, Baroni88 said:

I would quit to the main DayZ menu (not completely quitting DayZ) and then I would turn my console off. Next time I get on and turn on DayZ I would be back in the main DayZ menu. When I try to start up a server though, it will not respond and the server doesn't load. I would need to restart the game to then be able to play. I know it seems petty but it's annoying and thought I would share. Probably is in a topic somewhere but not sure how to find that.

Shut the game down when you've finished playing. Steam likes that.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, Baroni88 said:

Yeah, the way Xbox goes into standby mode tends to mess with how certain games load back up.

As Pilgrim mentioned, it’s a good habit to force close the DayZ app, and any other game really, before launching it again.