Danny Holman II

Persistent Storage suggestion

Can we get perhaps Deer calls in tree stands to attract deers for hunting? also can we get Tents to set up out in the woods to make are own base of operations so to speak maybe tents like the military barrack tents and options to fortified it with sandbags/walls maybe add bunkers things like that for that when u team up with friends or your clan to make a FOB deep in the woods.. just some ideas

Edited by kichilron
Edited for clarity.

Also even foot lockers in your Tent to stash your weapons and lock it up like to even be able take your shovel dig make a trench around your camp shapen sticks and the option to put them in the ground to make Punji Sticks for enemies come fall on them booby traps so to speak.

Thank you for your suggestion. Please use a more descriptive title next time.

Changed title from "Hey Developers"

Tents are on the way, they are already in the PC build of the game. From what I've seen they will be small 1 or 2 man tents that you can store some items in. Also there will be barrels/oil drums that you can store your items in, barrels being able to hold more than tents.

Both of the above are move-able when empty. I've never played the PC version myself, although I've seen videos of people placing and using the larger military style tents to store things. PC players, please feel free to correct me.

You can currently bury waterproof bags in the Xbox Build of the game, you will need a shovel and ofcourse, a water proof bag. These are 'server reset proof' and will remain untouched for 40-43 days, anything after this I'm assuming they will reset and disappear into the dark corners of nothingness.

It goes without saying all of the above remain in the server where you planted them and will not move from server to server with you. There also remain in place even if you die, other players may come across them and they will be able to openly take stuff as they please, as I don't believe there is a way to lock tents or barrels.

As for deer calls, this would be an awesome idea, maybe post it up in the suggestions section of the forum?

Hope this helped a little bit! 

Rgds

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, droefheid said:

Tents are on the way, they are already in the PC build of the game. From what I've seen they will be small 1 or 2 man tents that you can store some items in. Also there will be barrels/oil drums that you can store your items in, barrels being able to hold more than tents.

Both of the above are move-able when empty. I've never played the PC version myself, although I've seen videos of people placing and using the larger military style tents to store things. PC players, please feel free to correct me.

You can currently bury waterproof bags in the Xbox Build of the game, you will need a shovel and ofcourse, a water proof bag. These are 'server reset proof' and will remain untouched for 40-43 days, anything after this I'm assuming they will reset and disappear into the dark corners of nothingness.

It goes without saying all of the above remain in the server where you planted them and will not move from server to server with you. There also remain in place even if you die, other players may come across them and they will be able to openly take stuff as they please, as I don't believe there is a way to lock tents or barrels.

As for deer calls, this would be an awesome idea, maybe post it up in the suggestions section of the forum?

Hope this helped a little bit! 

Rgds

Thank you for posting info.

Just to add an official thread and quote for reference:

These include server based loot storage and tents.

Are there cars, helicopters, and base-building on Xbox?

No, not right now, but before leaving Game Preview, we'd like to have both on Xbox One. Especially cars play an important role in the DayZ gameplay!

Edited by Bombarding