Sign in to follow this  

BattlEye Launch options

Hey guys,

just trying to setup a server. Unfortunately I cant connect via Dart to it. I created a file called "BEServer_x64.cfg"in the battleye folder and wrote the lines 

RConPassword test1234
RestrictRCon 1

Is this correct or did I do something wrong?

Best Regards

Change RestrictRcon to 0

Explain more about your setup.
it's on localhost?
did you forward your ports correctly?
Can you connect to your server via dayz client?
did you check your firewall config?

Alright, thank you for the help already.

Server Instance is running on a Windows Server 2016 root machine.

1. I downloaded the Server Files via SteamCMD and then copied the whole folder to my desired location. 
2. I created a serverstart.bat with this parameters: 

C:\SchotZe_Servers\DayZ\SchotZe_01\DayZServer_x64.exe -port=2302 "-config=serverDZ.cfg" -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -noFilePatching -BEpath=C:\SchotZe_Servers\DayZ\SchotZe_01\battleye -cpuCount=6

3. I created the "BEServer_x64.cfg" which was renamed automatically to "BEServer_x64_active_5de1.cfg" at some point. It has the following parameters:

RConPassword test1234
RestrictRCon 0

4. I created port exceptions for incoming rules TCP and UDP for port 2302
5. I put the Dart IP on 127.0.0.1

Maybe I did some mistake with port forwarding and/or the firewall config. I cant try to to connec tto the server because I am in the train right now.

Could you try it? IP is 144.76.219.7

Best Regards

I can say for one that I had to also open up port 2303 and 3389 on my server before it would allow it to be seen. Once that happened I was able to connect DaRT to it too. Mine isn't local, it's a virtual cloud server somewhere in London, but the premise is the same. Try making sure those ports are all open on TCP/UDP (Dayz uses UDP by the looks of it) 

13 minutes ago, AlbiTheReal said:

Alright, thank you for the help already.

Server Instance is running on a Windows Server 2016 root machine.

1. I downloaded the Server Files via SteamCMD and then copied the whole folder to my desired location. 
2. I created a serverstart.bat with this parameters: 

C:\SchotZe_Servers\DayZ\SchotZe_01\DayZServer_x64.exe -port=2302 "-config=serverDZ.cfg" -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -noFilePatching -BEpath=C:\SchotZe_Servers\DayZ\SchotZe_01\battleye -cpuCount=6

3. I created the "BEServer_x64.cfg" which was renamed automatically to "BEServer_x64_active_5de1.cfg" at some point. It has the following parameters:

RConPassword test1234
RestrictRCon 0

4. I created port exceptions for incoming rules TCP and UDP for port 2302
5. I put the Dart IP on 127.0.0.1

Maybe I did some mistake with port forwarding and/or the firewall config. I cant try to to connec tto the server because I am in the train right now.

Could you try it? IP is 144.76.219.7

Best Regards

Hey!
Something must be wrong with port forwarding, i cant connect to ur server via dart or dayz client.. it doesn't appear on community server list.
Also, i use -config=serverDZ.cfg without the quotes and it works just fine, i dont know if it works with them on it... Everything else looks fine to me

Alright,

I have another problem now. I also have two Space Engineers Servers running on the machine, one of them is running on port 27016. When the DayZ server is started, its not possible to start the SE Server anymore.

Anyone knows whats the problem?

My working BEServer_x64.cfg looks like this:

RConPassword password
RestrictRCon 0
RConPort 2302
RConIP 127.0.0.1

Edited by crecker
changed code

anyluck getting dart to work with battleye dose it need to be enabled somewhere else in the files

I dont know if this is a problem for anyone else but when I made my BEserver_x64.cfg I forgot that windows doesnt show file extensions by default so I was just making a notepad file with .cfg in the name.  Once I changed the file display settings it worked for me.

1 hour ago, plunge said:

I dont know if this is a problem for anyone else but when I made my BEserver_x64.cfg I forgot that windows doesnt show file extensions by default so I was just making a notepad file with .cfg in the name.  Once I changed the file display settings it worked for me.

what dose your bat file look like with reguards to battle eye dose it call the BEserver_x64.cfg in it anywhere

All I have related to BE in the launch options is

-BEPath=(file path to BEServer_64.cfg)

Thats all.

2 minutes ago, plunge said:

All I have related to BE in the launch options is

-BEPath=(file path to BEServer_64.cfg)

Thats all.

but dose it point at the be dll or the be cfg? or the be folder

The beserver DLL and CFG need to be in the same folder, I just have them in ...\DayZServer\battleye which is where my -BEPath leads.  Just have it lead to that folder.

3 hours ago, mrwolv said:

yup i have that but it wont let dart connect

there should be no spaces in the path, for example -BEPath=C:\user

9 minutes ago, Infinite_1st said:

there should be no spaces in the path, for example -BEPath=C:\user

not to sure my dart wont connect to the server im about to give up lol here is my info if you guys can help thanks

here is my bat file

@echo off
    cls

set version=1.0
    set wat=Dayz SA

title %wat% Watchdog

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer

:watchdog
    echo (%time%) %wat% started.
    start "Dayz_SA" /wait /affinity FF /high "DayZServer_x64.exe" -config=serverDZ.cfg -dologs  -BEPath=C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer
    echo (%time%) %wat% closed or crashed, restarting.
    goto watchdog  

here is my  BEServer_x64.cfg

RConPassword test
RestrictRCon 0
RConPort 2302
RConIP ip hidden

3 minutes ago, Infinite_1st said:

try to replace BE.cfg to C:\abcd folder

not following what you mean ?

2 minutes ago, therealunhinged said:

Question: Is the RCon IP address the same as the server or completely different?

im assuming its the same as the server i have tryed internal ip 192.168 ive tryed external ip and also tryed 127.0.0 and nothing worked ive got 2302 2303 3389 ports all forwarded routers end and pcs firewall end

Edited by mrwolv

Just now, mrwolv said:

im assuming its the same as the server i have tryed internal ip 192.168 ive tryed external ip and also tryed 127.0.0 and nothing worked

Same and no luck? I have ports 2300 - 2309 opened and forwarded also 3398 (I read somewhere this needed to be open too), my server is up and in the server lists and from server lods BEC is running. Also have BEServer_x64.cfg in my Battleye folder and my bat file points to it..... 

Giving up the will......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, therealunhinged said:

Same and no luck? I have ports 2300 - 2309 opened and forwarded also 3398 (I read somewhere this needed to be open too), my server is up and in the server lists and from server lods BEC is running. Also have BEServer_x64.cfg in my Battleye folder and my bat file points to it..... 

Giving up the will......

yup i dont know why it wont connect all info is in there file paths are correct but still not connecting